Chapter 10: Heart's Fireworks

(Y/n) felt her heart ready to explode.

Inori. Why her? Why is she here? She wondered with sadness.

"(Y/n)-chan...are you alright? Did something happen?" Aya asked with a worried face.

"N...no. I'm fine. It's just...you gave me too much sweets that my stomach feels dizzy." She smiled.

"Ahahaha... I'm sorry.. I just didn't want to eat them alone." She said with an innocent smile.

"Hey!" A voice said behind them.

"Sora!! Long time no see!" Aya shouted.

"What are you saying? Yesterday I helped you with that Manga of yours."

"Jeez! Just let me have fun once in a while!" Aya complained.

"Anyway you both look good." Sora smiled.

"Well thank you!" Aya said proudly.

"Hey (Y/n) are you ok?" Sora asked.

"She just ate a lot of candy."

"I can say whose fault is this." Sora said and looked Aya with a smirk.

Aya just looked away with an angry expression.

"So... Shouldn't we continue?" (Y/n) asked.

Both of them nodded. The three of them continued walking and having fun.
Aya shouted and pointed to every game counter. Sora got nervous over some girls. He has never had a girlfriend before. Maybe that's why Aya sometimes calls him weak.
(Y/n) had also a good time. Her mind though couldn't stop thinking about Izaya and Inori together.
She was always so close to him. Thoughts of them holding hands or even kissing popped in her mind. She shook her head and sighed.

Stop it me!! Stop thinking! She told to herself.

As she walked wit her friends she wondered if Izaya and Inori would see the fireworks together. Something she wanted to do too.

.............

Izaya's mind couldn't stop thinking about (Y/n) either. Why was she here? He didn't know she would come.

"Hey! Earth to Iza-chan!!!" Inori shouted.

"Oh.. I'm sorry."

"What's up? What happened?"

"Nothing. I'm just tired."

"Already? Oh come on! You can handle more than that." Inori smiled.

"Heh. Oh... Iza-chan, I know you're thinking about her. Don't worry after the festival you will go and talk to her."

"Thanks Inori" He smiled.

"Well what a pity that she didn't come with us. Why didn't you invite her?"

"She wouldn't say yes anyway. Why should I?" Besides, did you see how she acted last night? "

"I think you're right. Well anyway! Let's just have fun today! For your own sake!"

Izaya nodded with a smile and followed Inori.

...........

"I'm exhausted! But it was fun! And the best part is coming soon!"
Aya shouted with excitement.