Meeting the boss

The gates then opened with a creaking noise and someone walked out the door, he was in a suit and looked very posh. He invited me in and told me to sit down in the living room, 'very old fashioned' I thought, it had a giant bookshelf that took up all the whole wall on one side. The man then walked in, shook my hand and then told me about the job. He said that it was to deliver parcels to his clients and explained that he had published and sold books, which explained the massive bookshelf, I was happy that it sounded like an easy job. He asked if I had a bike because it was obvious I couldn't drive. I told him I didn't and he offered to give me one, which seemed too nice to me. He got someone who was also dressed in fancy clothing to show me outside.

As we were walking he asked more questions about me and I answered quite easily apart from one 'Where do you live?' I told him I didn't have any place to live. Which must have shocked him, I could see that he was worried so I added that my parents travel a lot and I am usually staying with a relative or friends. I looked at the bike and was amazed it looked really modern, he said I could keep it at his house and come at 9 to pick it up and deliver the parcels. I don't know why but I was suspicious about the whole thing but it's a job. I thanked him and started walking back to the area that I have called home. On the way back I set my alarm on my phone for 7:30 so that I had time to get ready and walk over to the house. I walked around the summer market in town for a bit because it was only 4 and I had nothing better to do.

My alarm went off and I didn't know what it was at first and then I remembered about the job. I walked down to the end of the street where the public toilets were, then I went in sorted myself out before walking to his house. I was there 15 minutes early and I didn't want to look keen so I waited till 5 minutes to 9 and knocked on his door. He passed me the boxes and told me where the bookshop was.  It was still closed but the lights were on, I rang the doorbell and passed the box through the door and collected the money. As I was walked to my bike I counted the money, £500 why am I only getting £20 of this?

When I finished the deliveries, it to me 2 hours, I went back to the house and handed him the money. He then counted and gave me £40 of it. I took the money and walked to 'my' bench. I sat there for a bit until I heard a noise coming from my bag I took it out and saw that my phone's running out of charge. Then I searched around for one of those charging machines. When I found one I put my phone on charge and paid the money. I was glad that I'd found one but now I had to walk all the way through a food court. I could smell all the different types of fast food and I couldn't take it anymore. I walked over to McDonalds, bought a happy meal and devoured it as I was walking back. People stared at me but it didn't bother me because I was so hungry. I had ran out of energy bars 2 days ago and only had half a bottle of water left.

My next day of work I did the whole round and I don't know what got to me but I stole some of the money. Let me explain I was walking back and put £30 in my pocket, I was working for 2 hours again and I wasn't getting enough money in my opinion so I took some. It's not a big deal. Is it?

He was so mad and shouted at me, then told me if I wanted the job then I should never do it again and give him back the money. He said that I was only getting half my wages today. I was so sad but I understand why he was angry. I went to sleep quite early tonight but it was hard with all the people walking around and shouting. When I got to sleep it was only 7 but I slept quite well.