The Truth Teller

Miya's POV
It felt like forever sitting out there, I was hid behind a bush and peering through it to see when he was coming. I heard shouting coming from the room and I knew John was mad and that he wasn't gonna leave without answers. It then all went silent and I stood up to peer through the window, which was a mistake I looked straight into John's eyes and he smiled as he walked towards the door.

I saw him walk out, Justin behind him and he told me to sit down which I did, he sat in front of me and he locked eyes with me. I bit my tongue trying not to say anything. He turned around and gestured to Justin to go into the class again. He then started talking and what he said was shocking. "Do you know why I kidnapped you?" I sat there and shook my head "I kidnapped you because I wanted a daughter, I wanted more then one child and I knew Justin wanted a sibling. I thought that you were all alone on the streets and that you needed a family so I helped you" I started to giggle nothing he did seemed like help, none of it was. "You helped me."I exclaimed "None of that was helping me."

He was about to talk again when we were interrupted by a shout from Justin. John  jumped up and ordered me to stay here. Then I saw my tutor run out and Justin trying to hold him back "You're not taking her again!" I heard him shout. He pushed past Justin and looked at me and mouthed 'I'm gonna help you' I smiled and John must have realised what was happening, he grabbed him and shouted "Mark you can't tell me what to do, you can't change this." He then punched Mark in the face and pushed him to the ground.

"Why should you be able to take her?" I heard Mark say as he got up. "She's my daughter and we are leaving." John stated then grabbed me on the shoulder and started leading me to the door. I pushed him away and shouted "You are not my dad, my dad is at home probably worried sick about me!" John started laughing. "No one knows who you are anymore Miya, apart from me, Justin and Mark." I stood in shock "W-what do you mean?" I heard Justin chime in "He means you have been wiped from everyone's memories and your medical files and school files have been changed so that you are Mia Wilkinson." "My daughter" I heard John say, I couldn't believe this, why. I saw Mark who was backing into his classroom and mouthing 'sorry' to me. All of a sudden I felt something come over me and I started to run, towards Mark away from John and Justin.

Mark's POV
I started backing into my classroom feeling bad that I couldn't help Miya; as I was about to close the door I saw her dart towards me and closed the door behind her locking it. I didn't even think of the lock, the sudden realisation that she could be safe now was amazing I let her sit at my desk as we came up with a plan.

John POV
I can't believe she did that and I couldn't stop her, she just flew right past us. I ran to the door and started pulling on the handle, locked great.

I asked Justin if he had science today and he nodded I told him to try and get Miya throwing him the chloroform and rag. He nodded and as I left to go to my car I looked at Justin and smiled.

Justin's POV
As my dad looked at me and smiled I finally felt that he appreciated me. I wanted to do him proud so when the bell went I lined up outside of my science class and waited for Mark to come out and collect the class. I saw Jack in the corner of my eye and I waved, he ran towards me and we started chatting about a new game that he had got. I saw that Mark had walked out and we started walking into the classroom.

As I sat down I saw Miya at the back of the room and I looked at her, she started to look away when she caught my eye.

I suddenly heard Mark shouting at me and I turned around straight away he told me to wait outside. I had no idea why but I got up anyway and strolled out the classroom. I saw Jack giggling as I left and as I shut the door I stared through the window to see what was going on. After a few minutes Mark came outside and told me he had called SOR and that I was not staying in his classroom. I started shouting at him, but as I was I felt someone grab onto my arm and as I turned around I saw Mr Eaton which made me stop in my tracks.

He stared down at me and I apologised to Mark as he walked back into the classroom. Mr Eaton looked down at me and said "You're going to work in Mrs Priors classroom from now on." I was trying to think who that was but then I realised she was a top set teacher "But I can't be in top set, the work will be too hard." "You will still do the same work everyone else your class is doing, your teacher will give me the work for you." He explained and as if on cue Mark walked out the door with my book, a textbook and a piece of paper with instructions written on it. I sighed as I took them from him and followed Mr Eaton up the stairs to Mrs Priors class.