Chapter 31

“Good morning honey,” I heard someone stroke my face. On impulse my arm swang round and swatted that annoying fish on what felt like his neck.

“Don’t call me honey. Go away,” I groaned digging myself further down into the blanket, cuddling my pillow. I felt my soft cushion being pulled out of my grasp and replaced with a hard alive mer. Again my hands moved on their own accord, patting randomly at his face. “Not now, go away, ma mem ma mm,” I mumbled trying to turn over but Sebastian held me still. I couldn’t be bothered to wake up and shove him off me so I just laid there in his arms uncomfortably.

“I missed you,” he whispered in my ear. I could smell a sour smell, reminding me of my brother.

“Mm your drunk Paul… dum dum,” I said again trying to turn over but not being able to move.

“Just a little, but its Sebastian not Paul,” he explained. I groaned and opened my eyes annoyed. I sheepishly looked him.

“You are still a dummy,” I grumbled. “Your mean for ditching me, lousy man,” I repositioned my head on the pillow. Sebastian propped himself onto one arm.

“Oh so you did miss me,” he grinned leaning forward to kiss me. I turned my head into the pillow to avoid him.

“I don’t kiss drunks, they smell.” I mumbled ignoring his chuckle. “I went and visited your grandparents yesterday.” I continued.

“You did what!” he asked bolting up allowing me to finally roll over and pulled the blanket up higher. “Hey don’t go back to sleep,” he said shaking me. “Who took you there?” he asked continuing to shake me.

“I went by myself. Honestly I’m not that bad with directions, gosh have a little faith. Anyway I had a nice chat with your grandpa,” I shrugged Sebastian off me. What time was it? It felt close to three or something. I closed my eyes, sleep on the edge of my contentiousness. I heard the sheets move and the sudden coldness hit my back, only to be replaced a second later with Sebastian’s warmth. His arms somehow circled me and he leaned his head against my back. “I can still smell you,” I grumbled. He kissed my shoulder.

“Let me sober up next to you, before I go ranting off about armadillos and llamas.” I elbowed him in the stomach. Sebastian played a horrible drunk; you couldn’t even call it tipsy. Why was he one of the lucky ones who still seemed somewhat normal? “I’ll talk to you in the morning then,” he whispered before completely zoning out himself.

***

I woke to a Sebastian pulling me closer. It was late in the morning and I could still smell a light tinge of alcohol. The breath was suddenly squeezed from me as his grip on me tightened.

“Ah! Sebastian, you’re going to crush me,” I squeaked as his arms tightened around me. After a little squirming he loosened and began yawning but still had me in his grasp. “You can let go now.”

“Nah I’m fine like this. I haven’t seen my wife for three days,” he chuckled. Rolling my eyes I turned to him.