Epilogue

-5 years later –

“Ok thanks for all the hard work guys. I’m sure the launch of the next game will be just as successful as our last. Brother thanks for sorting out the copyright issues. By the way how is the Misses doing?” I asked the hunky guy opposite me.

“Oh Liona is doing very well, she’s expecting in March,” He smiled, filing the remainder of the paperwork for my company away. Apparently since the vast majority of the mer population didn’t have television, my board games seemed like the next best thing. I’m sure mother would have been proud that her training hadn’t gone to waste. On second thoughts...probably not.

“Oh that’s wonderful, though I can’t help but wonder what your child will look like,” I thought allowed. It would be very strange having a translucent mum, would you be able to see it developing?

“You’re not the only one, who’s curious, anyway I’ll see you in a weeks’ time,” he smiled leaving. I packed the remainder of my paperwork and waved goodbye to the receptionist and quickly returned home.

“Mummy’s home!” my little girl announced swimming over. I opened my arms and embraced my little devilish angel. I had only left her for just over an hour to sleep but she always knew when I came home.

“Did you have a good sleep Jenny?” I asked picking her up. She nodded happily. Jenny had only just turned three and was very talkative which didn’t come from me. Thankfully though she had gotten Sebastian’s dark hair and blue eyes but inherited some of my ruffles and my iridescent purple and Sebastian’s blue. “You’re going to Grandmamma Gen’s for the weekend, ok,” I smiled going up to her room to help pack her bag, making sure to pack her favorite dolly that Uncle Paul had sent her. We ended up telling him, which truthfully didn’t go well, as he is still skeptical about the whole tail thing. I left Jenny to pack the rest while I went and got changed into one of Renaldo’s more flamboyant creations. Practically my entire wardrobe was created by him; even though he made me cringe he was a very good designer. 

“You are sooo per-witty mama,” Jenny called as I came down the stairs taking her bag in one hand and holding her in the other. Aww she’s so adorable. We took a casual swim towards the portal room. Where Ava and Genevieve waited for us. “Grandmamma!” she giggled leaving my arms to go hug her.

“Haven’t you grown my dear,” Genevieve grinned embracing the little cutie.

“Hey just because she might be named after you doesn’t make her yours,” I growled. The old biddies both chuckled. It had been a stressful first two years in terms of having children. Being a Halfling my DNA almost always rejected Sebastian’s. It wasn’t so much miscarriages but knowing that nothing was even going to attempt to grow. So when Jenny was born, she had become my most precious treasure as I knew I probably was never going to have another. But finding out that a mer is pregnant for ten and a half months almost gave me a heart attack.

 “Oh, I hear Liona is expecting in March,” I mentioned dropping Jenny’s bag.

“Oh it’s about bloody time, that boy started reproducing,”

“Genevieve!” both me and Ava said in unison indicating too little Jenny. She seemed to realise and quickly clasped her hand over her mouth. I shook my head in disbelief; I still couldn’t get over how she was a strict teacher.