Chapter 12

"But Red, I need to get you something!" He called out, following his girlfriend. They had been arguing for the past week over getting presents for each other. She turned around and booped his nose. "But I already have you. Besides, I don't want anything to begin with." She said.

"Nonsense!" B called out, slamming his fist on his palm. He let his eyes close and kissed her softly, slowly dipping her. "Though I am flattered." He said in a low tone. Red blushed and wanted to continue, but realized she was being distracted from her point. "Your still not getting me anything."

"God damnit Red!" He replied, lifting her upright. She giggled and grabbed her bag, heading for he door. "I have to go to school. When I come home, then you can embarrass me all week," she said, referring to her Christmas break.

He said goodbye to her and pecked her cheek. As soon as the door closed. He pulled out his pocket and called Chloe.

"Sup, raspberry?" She said on the other line. Barry cracked up. "Wow, that's.. That's a new one." He could feel her proud smile from across the street. "Hey, um it's coming to Christmas, and I need to get Red something. Ideas?" He asked.

"Come over. I have the perfect thing." Chloe said, hanging up. Barry shrugged and put his phone back in his pocket, walking out the door to her house.

~

"Remember when we had that robbery? And some of the stuff got wrecked?"
Chloe began. Barry nodded, but gave her a weird look. "But you already have a new TV." He replied, pointing to the new flatscreen. "That's not it. They also stole her vinyls. She'll love you for it." She said. Barry nodded and kissed her cheek. "Your the best, C-bear!" He said walking out the door. He didn't even have to look back to know that she was blushing.

~

"Dan, can I ask you something?" Barry said, looking up at his friend. "Go for it," the older male replied, kneeling next to his office chair. "So, Red's NSP vinyls were stolen and I was wondering if you had-" before he could finish, Dan had already rushed into another room, attempting to find some extras.

He returned shortly with a small container filled to the brim with vinyls. "Pick your poison," Dan said, presenting the box to him. Barry picked the one of each album and thanked his roommate numerous times for the generous gift.

~

Barry got home around 11 at night, though he was supposed to be home at least an hour ago. He was too busy finding the perfect way to wrap Red's presents. He looked around the house for signs of his girlfriend, feeling both relief and worry run through him to find that she wasn't home. 'She's probably at Chloe's,' he thought.

He set the vinyls down on the dining room table next to the frames he bought, rolling out the wrapping paper next to them. As he picked up a cd to start wrapping it, he noticed they were signed by Dan. "Someone is very lucky, aren't they?" He said to himself.