Chapter 15

Ooh magical timeskip to like a week later

Barry walked around the office, tuning the new ukulele they found in all of the fan mail. Then he began to play some chords, and the simple "Hot Cross Buns," when an idea popped into his head.

He tuned it once more, perfecting its sound. Then, he played a melody. One that sounded familiar to Red, who was sitting on the couch, but couldn't put a finger on the name of the song.

"It's a beautiful night, were looking for something dumb to do," Barry began,  watching Red blush. "Hey, baby, I think I wanna marry you," she chimed in. He was surprised that she sang along, since he had never heard her sing, but melted at her sound.

Red blushed and looked down after realizing her choices. He caught on and put down the ukulele, kneeling by her side. "You have such a pretty voice, y'know that?" He asked. She blushed even more, but managed to look up at him this time.

"I-I don't sound good," she muttered. Barry kissed her gently on disagreement. "I highly doubt that, lady." She blushed and tried to refuse, but Barry would only kiss her. She eventually fell into a mumbling blushy mess, unable to say proper words. Barry giggled and got up from her side, placing one last kiss on her forehead. "I should be done with this rendering in about an hour, and then we'll go home, okay?" He asked, walking back to his office chair. He could make out an "alright" from her, though it was stuttered. He managed to hide his smirk as he sat down and continued working on the video.

~

Barry sat outside on the front steps, playing a chord or two on the ukulele. He liked it a lot, so he decided to bring it home. Red looked outside the window and saw him, and came outside momentarily with a blanket. It was fluffy and dark red, and was able to cover both of them. "What are you doing out here? Its freezing," she began. Barry put the ukulele down and stared at the house next to them. "I met you, almost a year ago, on those steps. And who knew, that we would end up here?" he asked, glancing at his wife. He paused to find the right words. "And, and we've been through so much, like the robbery, Halloween, Christmas, and even when I first met you, locked out of your house. And I'm really grateful for that." He was becoming a bit teary eyed now, but the smile on his face grew bigger and bigger. 

Red moved closer to Barry and kissed his cheek, holding his hand and playing with his ring. "D-dont worry, I'm fine. It's just that, I really love you. I really, really do." He said, sniffling. "And just, I'm really happy to be able to call you my wife."

Red wiped a single tear from his cheek with her thumb, cupping his face. "I love you too, Barry. And I'm happy to call you my husband, no matter what." She kissed him and pressed her forehead to his, admiring his eyes once more.

They stayed wrapped up in that blanket under the stars, on that cold October, for the whole night. And they couldn't have been happier.

Fin.