~Chapter 1~

SADIE POV

            I didn't know life could be so confusing until I started going to Collins High. Add that to being the new kid and life really sucks. My mom and dad got a divorce two months ago and my dad got custody of me. Mom never contacted us since the divorce. She is probably off eating brunch with a lawyer she's now dating.

I walked into the principal’s office and the first thought I had was how the secretary looked nicer at my old school. A hot guy walked by and I zoned out, thinking that this might not be such a bad school after all. I focused on the secretary who was staring at me with beady eyes.

"So do you?" She asked, Ms. Mcroberts was her name, I think.

"Uh sorry, what?" I asked stupidly.

"Do you have all your textbooks?" the secretary sighed.

"Um, no..." I swore at myself for making such a bad impression on the first day.

         After getting my books, I walked into my first class, gave the teacher the note and sat down.

"Class, we have a new student here today..." Please don't say it please don't say it...

"Sadie White. Stand up Sadie." the teacher gestured to me. I stood up and I could feel the blood creeping up on my cheeks. Everyone was staring at me with such force that I sat down as quickly as I could. Mr. McCarthy continued with the lesson.

"Hey I'm Jay, your new th-that's cool..." he trailed off awkwardly. I knew my face was definitely red because Jay was... hot. That’s the only way to describe him. Back in Ontario, the guys were okay but looking but here in British-Columbia they were way better.

"Uh, hi I'm Sadie; well you probably noticed that from when the, uh, teacher announced...yeah I'm going to stop talking now." I turned away and hid my face with my hand.

Just when I thought I was free of embarrassment, Jay walked up to me and asked me to lunch.

"Hey, do you want to eat lunch with my friends and me?                                                                            “Y-yeah," I managed to stutter out. I heard a faint chuckle as I ran off.                                                    "I’ll see you there then!" He called out to me.

I'm positive I got lost when I tried to find the cafeteria. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, I ran into a tall girl with auburn hair, causing her to drop her books on the floor. She shot daggers at me with her piercing green eyes.                                                                                                             "Watch where you’re going bitch!" She screamed. Bridgette snapped her fingers angrily and yelled, "Kyle get your lazy ass over here and get my books!"                                                                             "Yeah whatever," he said nonchalantly, bending to pick up her textbooks. As he got up he looked into my eyes and I could feel my heart beat rapidly.                                                                                          "Hey you’re that bitch, Sadie, right?"“                                                                                                             And you’re that lazy ass, Kyle, right?” He laughed and I joined in.

Bridgette loudly cleared her throat, "Kyle!" she snapped.                                                                    "Catch ya later," he gave me a cocky smile and followed Bridgette into the lunchroom.

"Kyle smiled at you, that's not a good thing," A small voice said by my ear.

"Why wouldn't it be a good thing?" I asked whirling around to face her.

"Because," said the petite brunette standing there, "if Bridgette finds out you’re going to get your ass kicked and be in some serious crap.”

"Oh shit, I forgot in eating lunch with Jay," I realized.

"I can show you where the table is, Jay is one of my best guy friends," I couldn't help notice her cheeks brighten when she said his name," and you can meet everyone else too!"Madison dragged me towards the cafeteria entrance.

"Everyone else?" I asked myself.