~Chapter 6~

Jay POV

He dropped his book bag on his bed spirits rising by the minute. His parents were in a good mood. Both sober and neither smoking. He raised his head questionably, did he smell tacos? He rushed into the kitchen and smiled blinking hard, wondering if he was dreaming.

        His mom was standing by the stove cooking and whistling while his dad sat and read the paper. It was like they were a normal family.

        “Oh Jay sweetie your home,” his mother turned to him.

        He felt his jaw drop. They were being nice to him; they must be in a very good mood. But when he found out why his smile dropped.

        “We’re going out tonight to the bar, so are you okay to be home alone?”

        He nodded, hopes dashed. They weren’t drinking because they were staying sober to drive to the bar. Jay could tell they wouldn’t be so considerate about driving back. They would come back drunken and wasted. Great, he thought.

        He decided to enjoy his parents company while he could. When his parents left smiling and waving, Jay knew he wouldn’t see them like that again for a long time. He thought about calling Drake and seeing if he could go there for the night, he didn’t want to be here when his parents came back, it wouldn’t be pretty. He went to bed.

 The phone was ringing. Jay groaned, rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and glanced at the alarm clock. 4:00 Am. He groaned again and lay back in bed. The answering machine picked up, “hello this is Officer Norton calling from the Victoria police station,”

 Jay leaped from bed and grabbed the phone, “hello? Are you still there?”

 “Oh hello, are you Janette and Clyde Anderson’s son?”

 “Ya,” he replied mouth turning dry.

 “Well they’ve been caught drinking and driving so I’m afraid you’ll need a place to stay well your parents are doing their time in jail.”

 Jay shivered, “I have a place.”

 “Good, your parents will be back with you soon.”

 He nodded, then realizing that Officer Norton couldn’t see him said, “Okay bye then.”

 He hung up, grabbed his always packed bag and headed to Drake’s house.

Sadie POV

I couldn’t avoid them anymore. I hadn’t talked to anyone for three days. Today I would talk to Jay and the others. The only ones I really needed to avoid were Bridgette and Brendon, So at school I was all prepared to walk up to our table at lunch when Bridgette stepped in front of me.

        “Listen I’m really...sorry, for what I did, you know the past few days...”she shook her head, “You probably really hate me.”

        “I don’t hate you, just really dislike you.”

        “Well you should, I mean it’s your first week of school and all I’ve done is make your life even harder than it was before.”

        I shrugged, noticing how sincere she looked and wondering what happened to make her apologise.

        “I’m really sorry, I guess I just make fun of you and Jay because... well... I kind of wish I could be more like you guys,” Bridgette said, studying her shoes, “maybe, would you like to sit at our table today?”

        “Well, I was going to sit with... ah, sure Bridgette.” It wasn’t like I actually made plans or anything.

        Kyle looked up and saw us walking towards there table, he flashed us a crooked smile, eyebrows raised. My heart skipped a beat.