~Chapter 8~

Sadie POV

Sure what is it? I had been staring at those words for half an hour, waiting for Jay to reply. I didn’t care how long it took him as long as he wasn’t mad anymore, and once he explained to the guys everything would be okay again.

        That’s when I realised he wasn’t going to respond.  I logged out, furiously wiping away the tears that welled up in my eyes. Why was I even crying? So what he didn’t reply, that didn’t mean he was mad at me. Everything would be okay tomorrow, everything would be okay tomorrow, I told myself over and over again as I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

Everything wasn’t okay. Jay wasn’t at school the next day. I looked around for him all morning and couldn’t find him. Eventually I had to go to lunch. Yikes. I guess Jay never got around to telling the guys the truth yet and judging by the glares they were throwing my way I wasn’t welcome at their table.

        I looked, hopefully, at Bridgette’s table. She was with Brendon staring at me through narrowed eyes. I gulped, not going over there either. Now what? I timidly took a seat by myself at an empty table, great.

        I was in the middle of the most awkward lunch ever when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and sucked in a shocked breath. It was Kyle. He was smiling at me, guiltily? 

        I needed to say something, something great and casual at the same time, something that would make him fall in love with me even though I’m friendless and new...

        “Um, hi,” something the complete opposite of that.

        “Hey, you mind if I eat with you?”

        I swear my eyes were the size of UFO’s, “sure.”

        He sat down and totally ignoring his lunch started (can you believe it?) apologizing.

        “Listen, I’m sorry, I honestly had no idea what Bridgette was doing, and I broke up with her as soon as I found out,”

        “Kyle, Kyle, you have nothing to be sorry about it’s not like it’s your fault she’s a witch.”

        “It’s my fault for going out with her.”

        Wait a second, did my ears deceive me? “You guys broke up?”

        “Ya,” he shrugged, “I was getting tired of her anyways but trying to mess up your life was the last straw.”

        I only heard half of that sentence, my entire body was tingling and I felt light almost as if I’d float up to the ceiling any second now. Kyle was single! Not only that but he was also sitting beside me! I could scream if I weren’t trying to be so casual... okay I let out a little squeak but I don’t think he noticed.

        “You okay?” He asked.

        Hm. Maybe he did notice.

“Yep just... hit my foot... off the... table.”

        “Cool,” he didn’t look like he was paying attention; fine by me hopefully he didn’t hear my last statement. I followed his gaze, weird; he was staring at my friends.

        “Ya, they kind of dumped me when I started hanging out with Bridgette,” I told him.

        “Huh?” He looked over at me, “oh ya that’s too bad.”

        I spent the rest of the day with Kyle. He was fun to hang around but I still missed my other friends. When I got home I checked the computer but Jay wasn’t online. I went to bed crying.

Lucas POV

        Damien was going to get him. Lucas was sitting on his bed hyperventilating. He hadn’t meant for it to happen, so why was his brother going to kill him?

        Brittany was over again that afternoon. Lucas had come in the house heard her annoying laugh and tried to bolt to his room. But Damien had caught him. Damien dragged him into the living room by the backpack and sat him down in front of Brittany.

        “Hey Britts,” he’d said, “This little bugger said he hated me just like a little two year old having a temper tantrum.”

        She laughed, “Are you going to put him in time out?”

        “Nope, I’m going to treat him like a two year old,” Damien flipped him over, “how many spanking should I give him?”

        Lucas felt the blood crawl up into his cheeks; he desperately tried to flip himself around again but to no avail. Damien had a tight grip on him that wouldn’t budge.

        Lucas squeezed his eyes shut and waited for the pain and humiliation.

        “Hey Britts, what do you say we really show him who’s boss, I can think of a way to embarrass him even more, you might want to look away a pretty girl like you doesn’t need to see this.”

        Lucas didn’t understand what was happening until he felt Damien start to undo his belt. He would not let that happen. His instincts took over and before he knew what was happening his fist flew up and hit Damien in the face.

        And now he was on a kill list. He would have gotten beat up at the least if he’d hit Damien any other time, but he was going to die because Brittany had been there. Hyperventilating again, he grabbed a paper bag and took deep breaths.

        The door creaked open and Lucas jumped.

        “Hi little brother,” it was Damien, “I just wanted to let you know that I have decided to spy on you at all times and find out what would hurt you most, or embarrass you most I just need to find the perfect way to hurt you, beating you up doesn’t sound painful enough” He shut the door laughing.

        Lucas grabbed his paper bag.