~Chapter 5~

Sadie POV

I prepared for the worst. After completely avoiding everyone the whole day, I was hoping no one would talk to me or even make contact when I walked into room 319. Detention. Unfortunately, when I strode into the overheated classroom, Bridgette and Brendon started bickering.

"OMG my hair is frizzing in this heat!" Bridgette was looking her her compact mirror while trying to fix her already frizzy hair.

"It's fine, you just need some hairspray.Here." Brendon pulled out a travel hairspray and tried to fix Bridgette's hair.

"Don't touch it you’re making it worse!" She slapped his hand away and he backed off.

I glanced over at Miranda she was slouched in the chair with a mixed expression between boredom and anger. She was listening to music so

she couldn't hear Bridgette and Brendon. Thank god. She would have been flipping out at them. I finally chose a spot next to Drake. He looked better than yesterday but his expression was the same. Well not really an expression because it was nothing. No trace of emotion on Drakes face. I didn't feel like bothering him so I pulled out my math textbook and started to skim the pages.

Not even 2 minutes later, Bridgette walks over and points a freshly painted manicure in my direction.

"Look what you've done! The whole world is ruined thanks to you!" She is so melodramatic. I thought to myself.

"No wonder my boyfriend's never there

for me anymore he's always following you around like a lost puppy!" She spat.

I sat there and took it all in. Drake flinched once when she practically hollered some unpleasant things. I'm pretty sure the whole province heard her. And Miranda just ignored it

like she couldn't hear Bridgette now. Suddenly Bridgette's cell phone rang, stopping her in mid-sentence.

"What?" she angrily asked, "oh, yes daddy, ok, no it's fine I can leave now, ok love you bye." she said sweetly.

She hung up and grinned, “See ya losers!” She grabbed her bag and headed to the door

        “And just where do you think you’re going young lady” Ms. Mcroberts asked testily.

        “Oh my daddy called he needs me to go now,” She smiled apologetically. What a load of crap; I bet that bitch never felt sorry for anything.

        Ms. Mcroberts frowned, “I’m sorry but I can’t let you leave, you have to wait until four o’clock just like everyone else.”

        “I’m very sorry to have to take Bridgette from detention but I assure you she has learned her lesson,” A tall man wearing a business suit who I figured was Bridgette’s father entered the room.

        “Of course sir, this was the first time we had a problem with her so go ahead, and Bridgette I hope you’ve learned your lesson,” she preached.

        “Of course Ms. Mcroberts,” Bridgette put on her best innocent face, which I have to admit was pretty convincing.

        She left with her dad. Brendon looked around awkwardly, since Bridgette left it was him and all his enemies stuck in the same blistering room for another forty minutes.  Time ticked by slowly. We weren’t allowed to talk so it was quiet.

        Brendon kept glancing at me and every time I tried to make eye contact with him his eyes would dart away. I got to tell you it was really starting to make me mad.