~Chapter 16~

Drake POV

        He stood beside Leslie and held her hand. They smiled and the picture was taken. Leslie grabbed Drake’s hand and pulled him outside. They ran to the fountain at the front of the school. Leslie took off her shoes, sat on the edge and put her feet in the water.

        “I love night time; I always go out on my deck and count the stars but I never seem to finish.” She looked up.

        “Here,” Drake walked over and put his arm around her, “let me help you count.”

Leslie put her head on Drake’s shoulder and he grabbed her hand and they sat there in the cool night, counting the stars.

Sadie POV

        After dancing for an hour, Jay and I walked over to the food tables. Bridgette and Brendon were grabbing a few chocolates.

        “Hey Sadie,” Brendon said.

        “Hi.” Bridgette also said.

        “Hey guys. Like the dance?” I asked.

        “Yeah it’s pretty awesome!” Brendon exclaimed. 

        “You did well with the decorations, and the food.” Bridgette added.

        “Thanks you two.” I grabbed a couple finger sandwiches and Jay and I walked over to a table.

        “I wonder where Miranda and Kyle are.” Jay wondered.

        “Madison said Miranda wasn’t going but I don’t know about Kyle,” I looked around the room, “Oh there he is.” Kyle was dancing with a girl from our History class. It looked like they were having a good time.

        “I’m glad he is having a good time.” I said sympathetically, “he was pretty bummed when Miranda broke up with him.”

        “Yeah, I’m glad Miranda isn’t here, things would be bad.”

        “Yes it would.” I laughed.

Lucas POV

        “Finally I can ask you,” Lucas said, “will you go out with me?”

        “Yes! I’ve been waiting for you to ask me! I was thinking I’d have to ask you myself.” She laughed.

Lucas leaned over and kissed her.

        “Come on, let’s go dance,” He pulled her over to the dance floor.

Jar of hearts was playing when they made it to the dance floor. Lucas put his hands on her waist and they swayed to the music, enjoying the night. A scream broke out on the dance floor, Lucas saw Miranda storm out of the gymnasium.

“What was that about?” Lucas asked questioningly.

“I don’t know,” Madison said, “I thought she wasn’t even coming to the dance.”

Sadie POV

It was a mess. Jay and I were sitting at the blue and green decorated tables when Miranda appeared out of nowhere.

“Hey Jay,” she said sweetly. I just love how she ignored my existence.

“Uh, hi Miranda. I thought you weren’t coming?” he said.

“I changed my mind, why would I not go to the dance I helped create?” she stated. Yeah, as if she helped at all. If filing your nails and texting on your phone is helping out, then she was the greatest helper!

“Can I talk to you for a minute?” she added after no response from Jay.

“Uh sure. Sadie I’ll be right back.” Miranda walked into the hallway and Jay followed, leaving me all alone.

After five minutes, I went to the hallway door to spy on them. Miranda was saying something to Jay and the next thing I knew she was kissing him. I was so upset I was about to leave when Jay tried to push her away. I could tell he was yelling at her to stop but she wouldn’t listen. I couldn’t help it, I barged through the doors. Two heads turned my way.

“Sadie, it’s not what it looks like,” Jay started,

“I know don’t worry I saw enough to know this bitch was trying to kiss you but failing miserably. Miranda, why don’t you face the fact that Jay is mine.” I gave her a hateful stare.

Jay looked impressed then added, “Miranda, like I told you before, it’s over between us so just leave Sadie and me alone!”

She looked at Jay with a sad, puppy dog eyes but he gave no emotion back. Her expression turned to anger and she stormed out of the hallway, screaming.

        “Thank you, I’m glad you saw the fact that she was trying to get all over me.” Jay walked over and hugged me.

        “Your welcome, now, are there any other crazy ex-girlfriends I should know about?”

        “Nope, I’m all clean,” He laughed and held his hands up in surrender.

        “Good, now let’s go enjoy the last hour of the dance.” I smiled.

Bridgette POV

        Brendon looked so cute in his bowtie. But she couldn’t think about that now. Brendon was leading her outside; he said they needed to talk. That never ends well. They sat down on the dry scratchy grass, her blue dress flowing around her.

        “What did you want Brendon,” Bridgette was getting impatient.

        “I wanted to tell you that I really like you Bridgette and I felt like telling you now because- never mind.” He stopped, waiting for an answer.

She thought about it then said, “Brendon, I like you but more as a best friend than anything else. I hope you can understand.” Maybe she did like him as more than a best friend. I don’t know! She almost said aloud.

        “It’s okay; I just wanted to tell you.” He looked disappointed.

She felt really bad, “maybe someday down the road we could go out but right now I just want to stay friends,” she paused then added, “best friends.”

Bridgette ripped up chunks of grass and threw it at Brendon. They both laughed and had a grass fight.

        When the war was over they laid on the cold ground.

        “Yeah,” Brendon finally said while smiling,” best friends would be perfect.”