~Chapter 12~.

Lucas POV

He was such a baby! Lucas hated that about himself, he couldn’t take anything. It was all Damien’s fault; he’s the one that made Lucas like that.

It was one thing to look like he wet himself, but instead of getting up and telling Damien to frig off and stop acting like a klutz he sat there crying like a stupid two year old! Anyone who doubted he peed his pants didn’t anymore.

Lucas punched the wall. Damien was right, he would never win. The worst part wasn’t everyone laughing at him; it was when Madison helped him to the bathroom, she’d looked grossed out and pitiful at the same time. So of course Lucas had to say the most embarrassing thing he could think of,

“Its milk, not pee.”

Madison had smiled and nodded and Lucas had gone into the bathroom and smacked himself on the forehead for his stupidity. Now he did the same thing, this wasn’t going to blow over, he could see Bridgette now. Oh god, Bridgette, that’s it, he thought, I’m faking sick tomorrow.

Jay  POV

Sadie seemed, out of it. She was her normal cute self but she was fidgety and kept checking the time.

“You okay?” He asked.

       “Yep, do you think the foods almost ready? It’s been a while.”

       “Do you have to be home for a certain time?”

       “No- uh, ya, ya, I do.” She smiled innocently, something was up. The thought only lasted a second before he was lost in her smile. Sadie’s smile dropped.

       Brendon POV

       “I can’t! I’m going to the movies tonight at eight!” Brendon yelled.

       “Well you have to go to this, these foster parents might actually be interested in a teenage boy so be good.”

       He rolled his eyes, “well can we make it short ‘cause I got to pick Sadie up at eight.”

Annie sighed, “Fine, you can go on your little date. As long as you make a good, lasting impression then you’re free to do whatever,” Brendon’s face light up, “not including drinking.”

He shrugged; Annie was the new owner of the orphanage. She might be a pain sometimes but she was a lot cooler then that nun that used to run the place.

“Whatever, but I’m not going to do anything stupid like put my napkin on my knee.”

“As long as you use a fork than I’m okay with it.”

Sadie POV

Oh my god. I’ve been saying that a lot lately haven’t I? Well for good reason. Over Jay’s shoulder I saw a pretty women come in with a nice looking middle aged couple and guess who waltzed in behind them, Brendon.

Jay frowned and followed my gaze; he rolled his eyes, “Oh great, that loser.”

“I’ve got to...go to the bathroom, uh, be right back.”

Not the most subtle move, but I was panicking. I leaned over the sink breathing hard, you are not going to throw up, you are not going to throw up.

There was a knock on the door, “Sadie, you okay?”

It was Jay. Oh god, I’d been in there for at least ten minutes. Great, now Jay probably thought I had some sort of digestion problem. Time to make sure he thinks that.

“Actually,” I said, knowing I’d regret this but seeing no other option, “I’m not feeling that well, maybe I should just go get some rest.”

“Oh,” I could hear the disappointment in his voice, “okay, I’ll drive you home.”

I sighed, great going Sadie, mess up your first date with Jay, “coming.”

Drake POV

“Um, Manitoba?”

Drake smiled, “we’re doing math.”

“Oh,” Leslie giggled, “whoops”

“Okay, you ask me one.”

Leslie opened the textbook, “Uh, what type of...”

Drake watched her beautiful lips form each word and wondered what it would be like to just lean in right now and kiss her.

“Drake?”

“Oh, uh, what was the question again?”

Sadie POV

This wasn’t worth skipping out on Jay for. Brendon was nice and everything, but he wasn’t really into it. We were sitting in the theatre waiting for the movie to come on when Brendon suddenly turned to look at me, “Sadie, what would you do if someone had a secret about you and were blackmailing you with it?”

My heart beat faster, he’d seen me, and he knew I was cheating on Jay.

“Uh, well, I would tell them that no matter what they did my real friends would still like me for who I am.”

His gaze flickered to the floor, “what if your only friend was the one blackmailing you?” he asked softly.

“Then she’s not really your friend.”

He looked sharply at me, “what do you mean ‘she’?”

“Oh, sorry I just assumed”

“That I was talking about me? Well your wrong, Bridgette would never blackmail me she’s my friend,” his voice broke.

I took his hand, “Brendon....”

He pulled away from me, “no, I don’t need your pity I’m fine on my own.”

“Why are you really here?”

His jaw locked, he said quietly, “because Bridgette made me.”

“Bridgette can’t make you do anything,”

“Sorry, I’ll bring you home.”

I looked at him, he looked so sad, I couldn’t help it, “no, let’s stay. As friends.”

“Thanks,” he gave me a small smile and I knew that staying was the best idea I’d made all day.