Chapter one: Meeting Elizabeth Lee

Authors note: hi guys, I'm sorry that I haven't added to any of my other stories. I just got into Sherlock so I also apologize that my story may not be accurate as much, I had some help from a friend who made all of Watson's dialogue, but enjoy!

"keep up Watson! Sherlock yelled to his partner, as they walked to work. "we're going to be late!"

"i'm right behind you!" Watson yelled back. He stood next to him as they scanned the crime scene.

"no need to shout I'm right here." sherlock said, scanning the crime scene.

"I know, I can spot that head of yours from a mile away." John smirked when Sherlock scoffed. Then they noticed a young woman working at the crime scene, doing their job.

"who is she?" Sherlock studying the woman for a moment then to John. The woman was beautiful, with long, thick, red curly hair and high cheekbones.

"how should I know? I've never seen her here before." John asked, squinting to see beyond the suns blinding light.

"she's stealing our job." Sherlock noted coldly. He was staring at her.

" she'a pretty, isn't she?" John said, noticing his staring He was right, everything about her was beautiful, but he was to stubborn to admit that John was right.

"she is not."

" she is." sherlock began to walk to her. " Holmes! " John yelled after him.

"Watson!" he mocked his partner. "you can't just walk up to her!"

" watch me." he started to walk again, this time John followed him. John stayed quiet for the rest of the time being. Sherlock tapped the woman's shoulder. " excuse me, Madam? May I ask you what you're doing here? This is a closed investigation." Sherlock asked coldly. The woman turned around and crosses her arms over her chest.

" I work here." she responded with the same tone, sending shivers down sherlock's spine. She showed them her badge showing that she had access to be there. " may I ask you what you're doing here? " she asked with an annoyed tone.

"WE work here." Sherlock returning the annoyed tone.

" may I see your badge, if what you say is true. " the woman said, to what John made the assumption of her sounding just like Sherlock. She only asked Sherlock because he was giving her a hard time. John let out a small chuckle.

" I don't need to prove myself to you. I'be been working here longer than you have." Sherlock sneered. The woman mimicked Sherlock sneer, making John smirk. She scoffed as she was called over to another spot. John gave Sherlock a look. " can you believe her?" he whined. John chuckled, Sherlock looked over at the woman who was looking at him but quickly looked away. She was talking to a man, he shook her hand and it looked as if he said thank you. She smiled and walked past them giving Sherlock a smirk of confidence. Sherlock walked over to the man the woman was talking too. "what just happened?" Sherlock asked the man.

"she solved the case for you, you may go home. " he smirked. John's draw dropped, he couldn't believe she did that in such short time.

"who is she?" He asked.

"she, gentlemen, is Elizabeth P. Lee. She'e new here and I expect you to treat her with respect. "

"she's stealing our jobs!"Sherlock proclaimed. " don't be late next time we call, and we won't have to call her. " his voice dripped with mockery. Sherlock turned to John. " I told you we shouldn't have been late." John said simply. " its not my fault you got us lost." Sherlock proclaimed. John wasn't happy, but soon calmed down his ranting when he saw Sherlock looking at Elizabeth. Sherlock realized that he had finally found someone who was smart enough to compete with.

Authors note: thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it! I'll be looking in the comments for suggestions and well comments on what u like and dislike about the story! I'd love to hear from you.