Chapter 4: accidents

" we should get going." sherlock was hoping she had forgotten about what he had to do if she won. She grabbed him by the scarf.

" not so fast Mr. Holmes. " Elizabeth said a sing-song kind of voice. Sherlock sighed.

" I, Sherlock Holmes, Am not as smart as my." he cleared his throat not sure of what to call Elizabeth. "colleague miss. Elizabeth P. Lee." he sighed and looked at Elizabeth who was laughing at him, he turned red a little. She laughed a little.

" is that blush I see crossing your face Mr. Holmes?" she teased. He pulled his collar up to hide his face.

" let's get back to the house, john's probably worried about us."

" alright let's go." Elizabeth sighed, she stood up, she was very close to the edge of the bridge.

" carefully now." he said not wanting her to get hurt.

" I'm not a child, I can take care of myself." she laughed. She stood up fully, pretending to fall back. She fake screamed " Mr. Sherlock help!" she pretended to lose her balance. Sherlock scoffed and started to walk home and let her play her childish games. He heard her scream but he ignored her, thinking she was just joking again. There was a silence. He threw his head back and laughed.

" have I done it? " he laughed again. " has the all important Miss Lee finally run out of things to say?" uncomfortable silence filled sherlock's ears, he quickly became worried, a feeling that Sherlock wasn't used to. He turned around to see what he was afraid, she wasn't there. He ran to the edge of the bridge. " miss. Lee!?" he called to her. She was hanging on by a thread.

" the block. It's lose. I'm slipping!" she cried. He reached out for her and she reached for him but the brick broke before he could grab her hand. Sherlock ran down to where she would be, pushing people out of the way as he ran down. There was no way she could have survived, but he had to make sure. He ran into the icy winter water and looked for her. After an hour of searching in the icy water he finally have up believing that if she was alive when she fell she would have frozen to death in the water. He found her heart shapes locket with a "E" carved into it with rime stones. He put it in his pocket and left.