Chapter 8: memories hurt

They got to the hospital, Sherlock only was away for an hour and he waited for them to let Elizabeth out. She suffered from a broken leg, several cuts on her back, and the bullet wounds. They didn't hit anything important but they still needed to come out. About four hours later she was out. She was still under the effects of the morphine so she was asleep. When she was put in a room, Sherlock and John waited for her to wake up. John left for coffee, leaving Sherlock alone with Elizabeth. He didn't look at her, he couldn't take it, she looked dead. She moved so she was on her side, facing Sherlock. A strand of her hair fell in her face he put it back into place. He sighed, he put the palm of his hands over his eyes and tightly closed them.

" she reminds me of you." Sherlock confessed. " she looks like you, I loved her." he winced " At first I thought I found you attractive because she was so much like you, but I know now that was a mistake. Her name was Molly Hooper." he hated himself for what he did to her, she didn't deserve it. " it was a very similar situation to this. I didn't think she would be in danger, I was wrong again. I thought I would never love again, that's when I met you. I was so mean to you because I didn't want you to get in any trouble or hurt." he softly laughed. " what a great job I'm doing at that! I know now that you are nothing like her, you are a free independent spirit who doesn't listen to anyone." he softly whispered. He stroked her hair, her red hair looking like a wound around his finger. She slowly opened her eyes.

" Sherlock?" her voice was soft, she sounded like a wounded angel. He looked at her with watery eyes, he stroked her cheek with his thumb. " what happened to Molly Hooper?" she choked out, her throat was dry. She heard everything, maybe she wasn't asleep. He shifted in his seat.

" she made the mistake in trusting me. I don't want that to happen to you." he sighed shakily. Elizabeth sat up.

" um it's a little too late for that Sherlock." she didn't like the way this was going. He sighed. " I can't make my feelings vanish, I just can't, there too strong." she whimpered like she always did when she was about to cry.

" I don't want you to get hurt." he clarified.

" well its too bloody late for that!" she shouted. Sherlock jumped at her out burst mostly because he never did anything to make her yell before. " things were boring and dull before I met you Sherlock, now things are finally getting better, you can't jus-" he cut her off with a kiss. She calmed down almost instantly, he pulled away, his eyes full of passion. " I hate you." she sighed.

" you repel me." he said getting closer to her face and kissed her again. The only thing that broke them apart was a loud, somewhat annoyed ahem. Sherlock looked up to see John standing in the door. " can't you see we're busy?" he joked.

" get a room." John chuckled.

" we do have a room, you're in it." Elizabeth chimed in.

" glad to see your alright miss Lee." John said sitting down.

" we're friends now, you can call me Elizabeth." she smiled.