Chapter eleven: the next day.

"thank you again Molly for letting us use the lab." John smiled kindly. Molly nodded and smiled back, she left to continue her other work. Sherlock took his place at his microscope. John's phone rang, he became more and more nervous as the conversation went on. He hung up, fear in his eyes. Sherlock looked at him, waiting for an explanation. He grabbed his coat.

" Sherlock, grab you're coat we have to go." John hurried what he said. Sherlock looked up from his microscope.

"why? What's wrong?" he asked.

"it's Elizabeth, she's been shot." John choked out. Sherlock didn't budge.

" you go I'll stay here." Sherlock replied coldly. John stopped mid-step and looked at Sherlock.

"you're not even the slightest bit concerned about Elizabeth? She could be dead!" John proclaimed. Sherlock still didn't budge.

"that's what people do John, people die. There's no escaping it." Sherlock seemed different. John sighed in frustration.

"I don't have to argue with you sherlock, I'll see you at the house." John left the room, the door slamming behind him. Sherlock's phone went off, a text.

"I'm waiting"

-JM

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

John hailed a cab, got in and told the cabby the address. The cab pulled up to the front of the building. Strange, no police or ambulances John thought. He walked into the building to see Elizabeth helping mrs. Hudson change a light bulb in the hallway.

"hey John." Elizabeth smiled. "where's Sherlock?" she asked. John's face dropped.

"oh my god." he whispered and ran out the building. Elizabeth ran after him. "Taxi!" he yelled. John told the cabby the address, it pulled into the front of a tall building and Sherlock was standing on top of it. John and Elizabeth ran out of the cab. On John's phone he got a call.