Chapter twelve: falling down.

"hello?" John answered his phone.

"John." it was sherlock.

" sherlock are you okay?" John asked.

" both if you turn around and walk back the way you came." Sherlock commanded.

"no we're coming in." John and Elizabeth began to walk toward the building. Sherlock stopped them.

"just do as I ask. Please."

"where?" John asked, he took Elizabeth's hand and started walking backwards.

"stop there."

"Sherlock..."

" both of you, look up. I'm on the rooftop." the two looked up, Elizabeth looked up and covered her mouth.

"oh my god." Elizabeth gasped softly.

" I can't come down so we'll have to do it like this." Sherlock choked out.

"what's going on?" John asked.

"an apology. It's all true"

"what?"

"everything they said about me. I invented Moriarty."

"why are you saying this?"

"I'm a fake."

"Sherlock."

" the newspapers were right all along. I want you to tell Lestrade, I want you to tell Mrs. Hudson. In fact tell anyone who will listen to you. That I created Moriarty, for my own purposes."

"okay, shut up, Sherlock. Shut up. The first time we met, the first time we met, you knew all about my sister, right?"

"nobody could be that clever."

"you could."

" I researched You. Before we met I discovered everything u could to impress you. It's a trick. It's just a magic trick. Now, give the phone to Elizabeth." John handed the phone to Elizabeth with out another word.

"Sherlock what the hell are you doing?" Elizabeth yelled into the phone.

" please leave, I don't want you to see this." Sherlock said shakily.

" see what Sherlock?" she could hear him crying slightly.

"please."

"no, alright? Stop it now." she began to walk toward the building.

"no, stay exactly where you are. Don't move." he reached out to her.

"alright." she backed away.

"keep your eyes fixed on me. Please will you do this for me?" He began to choke.

"do what?" Elizabeth cried.

" this phone call is my note, isn't that what people do? Leave notes?" Sherlock choked out. For the first time in his life, Sherlock Holmes was afraid of death.

"leave a note, when?"

" goodbye Elizabeth." he hung up and threw his phone away. Elizabeth screamed in aggravation.

"Sherlock! " she yelled, hanging up. She watched as he stretched his arms out and voluntarily let himself fall. A loud cry of sorrow and agony came from her throat, she tried to run to him but John stopped her. "'let go John!" she cried. He struggled to hold her back.

"it's for your own good, you don't want to see him like that." John was crying too. She stomped on John's foot and ran toward Sherlock. People tried to stop her but she pushed through the crowd. She saw his corpse, his face covered in blood, his eyes still open. Her legs gave out but John caught her. As the medics took sherlock's body away, Elizabeth and John left to plan a burial.