Chapter 1- The Preparation

You were preparing for a ball this evening. Your mother and father had made it clear that you must look your very best, for this was no ordinary ball. You were meeting very important people this evening, including Lord Druitt and Earl Trancy. You have absolutely no clue who these men are, but if your parents insist on you looking your best, then you must do so. You've always been the precious girl in the family, not to mention the only child in the family. Your parents had always said you were the most beautiful young lady they had ever seen, and one day you would have to marry the 'man of your dreams.' You stared at the various dresses before you, all so lovely, but alas only one can fit this special night. You heard a knock at your door, it was your mother. Oh how beautiful your mother was, her eyes resembled diamonds and her hair as smooth as silk. You looked more like your mother than your father, which made you even more beautiful. Your mother was very classy and polite, perhaps the most polite woman you've ever seen, "Sweetheart?" She called. "Yes mother?" You replied politely, you've always tried to be more like your mother. Everyone loved her, even the most hate-filled people. "I see you're choosing your dress, I have a better selection for you." She said with a gentle smile. You nodded and smiled as you saw the beautiful dress before your eyes. Sapphire blue with a tint of purple, the dress would fit snug around your hourglass figure perfectly. "Oh mother it's perfect!" You cried as you took it gently from her hands. "Now, let's get ready." She smiled as she walked over to you and began to undress you. "This is going to be perfect." You said.