~Chapter 6~

You sat on the bed as Sarah removed your dress and dried your legs. You looked down at them, they were red and they hurt. "Quite clumsy isn't she?" You asked, gently caressing your thighs. Sarah approached you with a wet cloth and put it on your legs. It was cold and it hurt. "Ow!" You yelled as Sarah pushed down on the wet cloth. "Sorry, but if you want to get better you must-" Sarah was interrupted by..'Was that a scream?' You and Sarah both stared at each other, eyes wide. You could faintly hear someone yelling. "Move you stupid tart!" You heard. You then could hear what sounded like a door slam. You looked at Sarah, "What was that?" You asked, very frightened on what you'd thought. "I..believe that woman...had been...punished." Sarah confirmed your thought. You looked away towards the door. 'What did he do to her?' You thought. Just as you were about to say something to Sarah, there was a knock on the door. You and Sarah pretended you hadn't heard anything. "Come in." You said polietly. In came Alois' butler Claude, he stared at you and Sarah. "Be ready in one hour. There is a special guest this evening for dinner." He said flatly. You nodded and Sarah smiled and said "Thank you." Claude then gave you and Sarah a glare, pushed up his glasses, and left the room. Sarah began searching for clothes in your bag. You sat on the bed and pressed the wet cloth on your legs, it hurt, but you didn't want to have any marks, especially now that a 'special' guest was to arrive. Sarah had picked up a beautiful dress out of your luggage and laid it down beside you on the bed. You looked at the dress and began undressing yourself. Sarah picked out shoes for you and a cute headband. You sighed as you finished putting your dress on. "Sarah. I can do this myself. I'm not a child, nor am I incapable of choosing my own clothes." You said irritated. Sarah giggled at your irritation. "My lady, I understand this. I do believe I said the other day that I prefer doing this." Sarah smiled. You smiled back and finished getting ready, which took about an hour, due to all the touch ups. You then heard a knock at your door. "Come in." You said gently. It was that woman. 'What was her name? Hannah?' You looked at Hannah and stared once you saw what happened to her. 'Her hand...why was there a bandage? And what was that? Blood..oozing out of her bandaged hand.' Hannah noticed your stare and immediately hid her hand. You looked to the ground. "I'm here to-" You interrupted her. "I know." You didn't want to look at her. You stared at the ground the whole time as you followed her. You finally reached the dining table as you stared at the man sitting beside Alois. 'It's that man. The one at the ball. What was his name?' The man stared at you with admiration and delight. "Why hello (y/n)! How....nice it is to see you." You stared at the man. "(Y/n) sit!" Alois giggled. You stared at the man one more time before sitting down. 'Right. I remember.'
"Hello, Lord Druitt."