~Chapter 4~

You were beyond excited, it was nearly a week after you'd met the handsome boy named Alois Trancy. Finally, after begging your parents to go visit Alois, they said yes. You grabbed your suitcases filled with various items and headed for the door. "Wait. I'm forgetting something." You whispered to yourself quietly. As you began to think, you were interrupted by your maid Sarah. "Forgetting something mistress?" She smiled holding up your necklace. You sighed in relief as you turned around and let Sarah put the necklace on your neck. The necklace you almost forgot was very dear to you. It had your family crest on it, a beautiful magenta colored stone. Your mother had given it to you when you were small, you never left without it. So, you were glad Sarah had been cautious with your belongings. "You are a saint." You giggled as Sarah finished putting the necklace on your small, petite neck. Sarah simply smiled and held the carriage door open for you. You couldn't help but stare at Sarah's ring, it was strange. She always wore the ring, but for some reason it wasn't a stone, but an animal. It was a cat, not any regular cat either, it was black, dark and very mysterious. You snapped out of your pretentious mind and stepped into the carriage, Sarah stepped in after you. As you two were sitting, you decided to make conversation. "Why do you always wear that ring?" You asked, staring at her hand. Sarah smiled and touched her beloved ring, "Why do you wear your necklace?" She giggled. You looked down at the ground, "I always feel like you're hiding something from me. If you were you would tell me right?" Sarah looked toward the window and stood shut. This made you irritated, 'Why isn't she answering me? She's hiding something?! My best friend?!Would she really hide something?! What am I a child??!!!' You thought. The thought of someone lying to you or hiding something made you angry, you hated being the last to know. "Right?!" You raised your voice at Sarah, this made her jump. "Of course mistress." She finally replied. You sighed, you couldn't help raising your voice. You did have a temper after all. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-" You were cut off. "It's alright (y/n)." You whispered "I just don't want to-" You sighed. You then felt a hand on your shoulder, you looked up at Sarah. She looked at you with kindness, "I know. I shall protect you. No matter how big the problem, no matter how angry you are. Through night and day, I will always be here to stay." She smiled at you, then she looked away toward the window. "Always?" You asked, touching your necklace. Sarah suddenly hugged you. "Always. Until the very end mistress." After some time you and Sarah had an engaging conversation. "I do not!" You yelled at Sarah frustrated. Sarah giggled at your frustration. "Mistress, it's nothing to be ashamed of. If you like the boy then you and him could marry." Sarah giggled once more. You stood silent for the rest of the ride, blushing a bright red. You looked toward the window and saw a large manor before you. "Look! I think we're here!" You said excitedly. The carriage stopped and you jumped out happily. You saw someone come out of the manor and approach you and Sarah. "Good evening. I am Claude Faustus, the butler of this estate. Welcome to the Trancy Manor."