~Chapter 5~

You looked at the butler standing before you. 'He's creepy' You thought as you smiled falsely. "Thank you Claude." You tried to say politely. Sarah had your bags, as well as hers in her hands. "I'm (y/n), and this is my maid Sarah." Sarah smiled as she struggled with your bags, you giggled as you took your bags from her hands. "I've got it." You smiled. Claude had shown you inside, it was beautiful. You then saw a boy run towards you. He ran and hugged you, you hugged him back finally recognizing who he was. "(Y/n)! How good to see you!" He smiled at you cheerfully and you smiled back. "Hello Alois. It's great to see you too! I'm so excited to stay here!" You giggled. Alois looked up at Sarah, "Oh? And who's this?" He asked, changing his expression completely. Instead of being cheerful and happy, he was very cautious. You ignored his immediate change in expression and simply said "That's my maid Sarah. She'll be staying with me. Is that okay?" Alois turned to you and smiled, "Of course!" He giggled. "Claude show them to their rooms!" Claude bowed to Alois, "Yes, your highness." You and Sarah followed Claude to the upstairs of the manor.
'I can't believe how beautiful this is.' You thought as you passed the various rooms in the large hallways. You finally approached your room, you and Sarah had entered. "Be ready in 10 minutes for tea." Claude said as he pushed his glasses onto his face and walked away. "That man is quite...scary." You whispered to Sarah. She giggled and smiled, "Indeed, quite frightening." As you both laughed and giggled, you heard a knock at the door. "Mi..Miss? I'm here to escort you to the dining room for tea." You politely said "Alright. Come in." You then say the door open. A woman dressed in a maid's outfit stepped through the door, her hair was in a braid, and she had a bandage over her eye. You didn't dare ask what happened, you just followed her to the dining table as Sarah followed. You finally arrived to the dining table, you saw Alois sitting down, legs crossed. "(Y/n)! Come sit!" He said cheerfully. You smiled and sat down next to him. Claude appeared with a cart of tea behind him and the woman you'd met before, "Today we have a Youthberry white tea." He said. You smiled politely, "Thank you." You said. "Hannah." Alois said, his voice sounding dark and angry. You saw the woman who walked you to the dining table approach Alois with the teapot. She poured the tea very carefully, she was shaking. As if she was scared. You stared at her in confusion as she finished pouring Alois' tea. When she started to approach you with the teapot, you simply smiled. You then saw Hannah trip on the table cloth. The teapot poured onto your legs, it burned. Bad. You screamed in agony, you could feel the tea melt into your skin. Sarah ran over to you and checked your legs, she widened her eyes. "Come along mistress." She said as she carried you toward your room. As you were being carried you could hear Alois yell "Hannah you stupid tart! Can't you do anything right?! You're going to be punished!"