Audio Competition

"Department Of The Navy. To: PVT Miller. Josh.

Saturday, June 6th, 2017

In the light of certain events that lead to a reevaluation of time and Resources, you are hearaby discharged from the United States Navy with full honors for [Redacted] reasons. We wish you the best of luck with your future.

-Admiral Alex M. Thomas"

Speechless. That was the one word I would use to describe how I felt as I read that letter. I had enlisted in the Navy about a month or so back and I was supposed to go to basic in five days. Five days. I had worked on slimming down to meet the weight requirement for almost a year and believe me, with how lazy I am, that was a rough road to follow, but I made it and went to the recruitment station about two days after I had reached it and now, one paragraph took a year of work and just tossed it out the window.

"You gotta be kidding me!", I shouted, "I don't believe this shit!"

"Hey!", my Mom shouted from the kitchen, "watch the mouth."

"Come read this crap the department of the Navy just sent me!", I said throwing it down.

Mom set down the spoon she was using to stir dinner and came into the dining room. She picked up the letter off the table and read it. There was a few minutes of silence before she looked at me.

"Oh honey", she said.

I sighed, "a year...a year I worked to get in, in five days I was supposed to go, then I get that shit."

Mom didn't answer me.

"Was there any pizza left from last night?", I asked standing up, "I think I'mma go out for a while."

"I think so", Mom answered, "where you going?"

"My friend Tristan is in Victoria for an Audio show", I said opening the fridge and pulling out a small, green lidded plastic container that held three or four pieces of homemade pizza, "I think I'mma go talk to him."

Mom didn't answer me. I went into my bedroom and got a pair of socks. I pulled them on along with my black Sketchers and then grabbed my keys before walking out to my car. It was a liquid blue, 2016 Honda Civic with the standard four banger ditched for a bigger, 3.5 liter V6 from the Nissan Quest. It had a 7.3 liter Cummins turbocharger bolted to it via a custom built intake. It rode on a 5 speed Front Wheel Drive transmission from a Ford Focus and made 510 wheel horsepower. The suspension was all Buddy Club and the wheels were second hand Motige Racing Tracklite 2.0s, but turbo lag, you know, for days. But that was a Group B engine, because when it does kick on it's massive. I had a custom exhaust that I had built myself, Willwood 4 piston calipers upfront and two piston in the rear that I had pulled off a scraped Camaro last time I was at the junk yard and a wing I had built myself in my spare time. There was a bit of a roll cage in the rear, which served as a mount for my 6 point harnesses and the steering wheel, interestingly enough, I have no idea why I put this thing on, was off a Mazda 3. And since a new tuner shop had moved into town, I had all the stupid shit like power steering, power brakes ripped out and gone to all manual controls. So now it was just me, three pedals and the road. It had custom FWD badges that I put together with a lettering kit and an Orbit GT badge in the rear, it almost wasn't a Civic anymore.

 It had custom FWD badges that I put together with a lettering kit and an Orbit GT badge in the rear, it almost wasn't a Civic anymore