Creature Feature

There are a lot of things in this world that I want to do. Own a slammed, 12 cylinder, 1000 horsepower Toyota Supra, own a diesel powered Chevy Avalanche, have a nice house and a 5 gun cabinet that was full of tastefully modified rifles, become a dragon, oh, wait, I can check that off. However, there is one thing in this world that I absolutely loathe and detest. You could pay me a million dollars each time I do this thing and I would still tell you to fuck off. You know what that tiny little thing is? Waking up at 6 in the fucking morning. No, seriously, take your 6AM alarm and shove it. I don't want anything to do with it. As it stood I could wake up by myself at no earlier than 7:00, and that was only if I really wanted to sneak some time on Fallout 4 before super ultra bitch descended on his cloud of misery to annoy me about my play style. When you wake me up at 5 in the morning and then talk to me like a five year old, Mom, I'm looking at you, until I get out of bed, you will succeed only in making want to tear your face off and shove it into your ear, which by the way I can do now. In short, don't wake me the fuck up.

But alas, I was not to ascend to the mythical kingdom of Deep Sleepia on this fine day because the Pilots of the C-230 Gunship that were taking us to the middle east were morning people. The call came at 5:45 that morning that the C-230 was an hour and a half away, which gave us no time at all to eat breakfast and barely enough time to get our equipment ready and get dressed.

So, in a state of half-dead, half alive, we trudged across the cold sand of Area 29 that was preparing to be cooked by the death valley sun to the armory. Upon entering, the armory graced my nose with the smell of gun oil, smokeless power and matte paint, pulling me back from the brink and waking me up. Still a little tired though, I set about modifying my M220. I changed out the stock from a collapsible Magpul UBR to an ACR style folding stock that was also fully adjustable. I changed my front rail as well and opted to make my S22 Combat rifle my permanent secondary over my S-30 due to the magazine compatibility with my LMG. I packed my S-30 away, grabbed some C4, grenades, claymores, tear gas, a gasmask and Nine-bangs out of my crate and loaded them into my assault pack. As I was closing my crate, I caught sight of our LP-9100 Flamethrower. I found myself opening my box back up and picking up. Something in my mind was screaming at me "Take the flamethrower, you will regret it if you do not bring it."

"In the bag you go", I said sticking it into the duffle.

"The flamethrower?", Mercury asked looking at me from his cell, "why are you taking the flamethrower?"

"Something's telling me I'll need it", I said.

"What?", he asked.

I shrugged, "I couldn't tell you, something's just telling me take the flamer, you'll regret it if you don't."

"Brother you played too much Shell Shock 2", Mercury replied shaking his head and grinning slightly.

"Hey I never even got to play that game", I said zipping my assault pack and duffle bag closed, "my Dad rented it and took it back the next day."

'Sucks for you", Mercury laughed, "I loved that game."

I shook my head, "your what 10?"

Mercury laughed, "yes but I'll be 11 in 2 weeks."

"And your playing Shell Shock? The most bloody and scary Series in Xbox 360 history? A game that is banned in 4 countries because it induced nightmares in thousands of people?"

He shrugged, "only time I was genuinely scared was when I got attacked by Lab Rats in the Laos mission."

"Lab Rats?", I asked.

"Don't ask", Mercury said, "even as a dragon that could spray them with liquid nitrogen I would nope out of there so hard if one showed up."

"If one what showed up?", Nina asked joining us, her assault pack and duffle slung over her shoulders.