Ground Shipping

It didn't take us long to reach the enemy encampment, even though we were on foot. Vortex, Taro and the older reborn we'd picked up had taken a sniper post a ways away from the camp while my Dad, Void, Mercury and the younger reborn approached from the front of the camp, which was swarming with Reborn's and X-01's. There were at least six guys guarding the front entrance on the ground, two in sniper towers and two in pill boxes armed with MG42's. In camp I was able to tag about 17 more Reborn's, 21 humans and 12 X-01s along with a few militia units.

The camp itself consisted of three, slummy looking two story building's with rusty sheet metal roofs and gun emplacements in the windows. The shipping crates that were our targets were stacked by three's in a corner of the camp, there were nine of them.

"Enemy concentration is rather high", my Dad said, "this should be fun."

"Intel was way off", Void snarled, "fucking hell."

"Alex did say BR presence was high", Hunter said from the other end of the radio.

"How's that artillery gun?", I asked.

"Ready to rock and roll", Calen said, "we'll dig in here and burn through these shells."

"I'm sending you target points for an attack", I said typing the location of the towers and the middle of the base into my PDA, putting it into a folder and sending it to Calen.

"Got ya", he said, "fire package inbound, danger close."

"Get to a safe distance", I said, "artillery strike inbound."

My friends and I retreated about a hundred yards back, digging down a bit into a hole that was already present.

"Send it", I said into the radio.

"Rodger", Calen replied.

It wasn't long after that when we heard what you could mistake for faint thunder in the distance, then we heard the whistling of the shells for a brief second before they slammed into the two sniper towers and the middle of the BR camp. Most of the Humans were killed outright and the rest were so badly fucked up that they had no chance of ever fighting again. The shells killed seven of the X-01s and wounded two, which quickly recovered, while most of the Reborn's simply got back up, their armor having protected them from the shock wave and shrapnel.

"Where the fuck did that come from!?", one of the Reborns shouted.

"Move in", I said, 'take 'em, Vortex, your weapons free."

"Was that ours!?", another asked, "why are our own guns sho..."

The man was cut off as one of Vortex's .338 Lapua rounds ripped through the side of his head. He wobbled on his feet a minute before falling to the ground, not even twitching.

"SNIPER!", another reborn shouted, "TAKE COVER!"

The remaining Reborn's darted for cover as the X-01's smelled us coming and turned to attack us without any thought, Void too charged straight into the fray, grabbing the closest neck he could find.

"Five contacts coming from the front gate!", one of the Reborn's shouted as we instantly split up, diving into the ruins of the pillboxes and towers for cover.

"You are weapons free for all contacts!", I told my team.

The others began engaging the Reborn's while Mercury and I assisted Void with the Reborns. Hard as their hides were, burning through enough .30-06 eventually led us to to victory. The last X-01 fell under Mercury's 220 just as mine was ready for another round. With the X-01's out of the way, I opened the tac visor to asses the situation. The remainder of the enemy forces were well dug into a couple of houses that had sandbags lining the walls, our most powerful weapons, my and Mercury's 220's, probably couldn't punch through it without expending a large amount of ammunition, so I began looking for a possible flank route, which I did find. If I went to the edge of the base and went around behind the houses, I could get to them. I tagged all the targets with orange, had the system mark the best possible path to avoid getting shot to pieces and then grabbed Mercury.