New Objective

I'd never much been a fan of Monday, primarily because it meant the weekend was over and I would have to wait another four days before I was guaranteed more time on Fallout 4. One of the great things about Project Venom was that there was an Xbox One in the rec area that was open to us all day once we had finished training. I was putting a lot more time into my settlement on Spectacle Island, though admittedly, the game had taken over my life in the recent days.

The next morning after training, the others had gone off somewhere while I went to the rec area to put some more time on Fallout, when I found the entire building was locked, also, very conveniently, Carlos was there waiting for me.

"Can't get in?", he asked smugly.

"What the hell is this?", I asked.

"Morningstar said your playing too much Xbox", Carlos laughed, "you need to get more air."

"Oh fuck off", I said, "your not my mother."

"No", he said, "I'm your CO, go spend time with your girl, that's an order Ace."

I sighed, "yes sir."

With that, I started back for the barracks and entered. I changed out of my practice uniform into a sleeveless, white spandex shirt, grabbed my Lucky Charm and hung it around my neck. I also changed out my pants for a pair of lightweight, tan shorts and my boots for a pair of sneakers. I grabbed a coke and my Window's phone from the room as well as my sunglasses and went looking for my friends. I found Nina, Mercury and the others on the giant rock that we used to sun ourselves, or the one that I thought looked like it had been brought in. Mercury and the guys were dressed pretty much normally, short sleeves and shorts, while Nina and the girls seemed just to be wearing modest swim suits, which as far as I was concerned, was sure Nina was wearing because she wanted to see me squirm. When I got to the rock, I found Nina sitting on the highest point, Mercury right below her with no shirt on and a Pepsi in his hands with Trace laying next to him. Jayden and Arnett were sitting with their backs to the sun, while Rylar had finally come around for Leanna, the two of them were laying on the edge of the rock with their legs dangling over the edge. Jayden and Arnett were together as well. That left Mako and Riley by themselves.

"Well what have we got here?", I asked climbing up the rock.

"Everyone rubbing their girlfriends in my face", Riley said.

'Hey what about me?", Mako asked, "I don't have a girl either."

"I doubt were the only ones who will ever come to the project", Mercury said sitting up, "I'm sure there will be more girls in the future."

"Oh shut the hell up Captain Obvious", Mako said.

"Hey", I said sitting next to Nina, 'watch the language."

"I hear you swearing all the time", Arnett said.

"I'm an adult", I said, "though having said that it's really not appropriate when I do it, so it definitely ain't for you."

"You sound like my Mom bro", Mercury said with a smile plastered all over his muzzle.

"Shut up twit", I smirked as I took a sip of coke, "why you guys even out here on this rock?"

Mercury smiled at me and then reached down the side of the boulder hauling up a duffle bag that smelled of matte paint and gun oil.

"What you got in there?", I asked as he reached into the bag and pulled out a Barrett .50 cal, a gun that had just recently come into the Venom arsenal, we'd been training on it for the past four days now. How in the hell Mercury had managed to convince Morningstar to allow us to target shoot with it was beyond me...well...no, never mind.