The Docks

We set out for Russia that night. Morningstar handed my Dad a uniform and as soon as we were all dressed we were on the plane and headed for Russia. I had contacted Vasil and brought him up to speed on a black river location that was on the edges of the Russian coast. We weren't exactly sure what was going on, but Black River's file archives suggested it was an arms storage facility. He had told us that he'd get his team together and meet us there. We landed in Russia at about 5PM the next day. The sun had started to go down when we stepped out of the helo. The air was cold and fresh. I could hear a ton of birds around us as well. That was good, they'd hide our foot steps from the enemy.

"Damn", Nina said, "nice out here."

"Perfect day to storm some docks", Mako said, "Ace, what's the rally point?"

"500 yards north", I said.

"Then let's get moving", my Dad said, "we got no time to waste."

My team and I hiked the 500 yards with ease. Around the location of the rally point were a few shacks that looked like they'd been sitting there a while. The wood that made up the walls and supports was weathered gray while the tin roofs were rusted out. The windows were covered in dead algae and a few wind chimes still fluttered about in the breeze. In the middle of the small village, I saw a pile of leaves move and the tell tale end of a surpressor stick briefly from the pile before disappearing. Now I was able to count three more snipers, one to our right and two more way at the end. A sniff of the air revealed eight total scents, the four snipers, Vasil, who was in the house to our left and three more guys who were in one of the middle buildings of the village.

"Hey Mako", I said, "smell that?"

Mako and the others sniffed the air.

"Yeah", Mako said, "smells like angry Russian."

"Vasil", I said on the radio, "were at the rally point."

"Rodger that Ace", Vasil said as he and his men revealed themselves. Vasil jumped down from the porch and came up to us, shaking my hand, "how are things my draconian friend? I had hoped you would not require my services so soon."

"Me too", I said, "Vasil, this is my Dad, Johnie Miller, 82nd Airborne."

"A pleasure sir", Vasil said, "my name is Vasil, Spetsnaz operator for 20 years."

"Nice to meet you brother", my Dad said shaking his hand, "so son, what's the mission here?"

"There are some docks about a mile North of here", I began, "I suspect Black River is using them as a weapons storage facility, given drone surveillance and local reports of laden trucks coming into and out of the area under the cover of night. Vasil, have you had time to run any recon of the AO?"

"Only some", Vasil said, "It's a Blackriver location for sure, however, the security level concerns me."

"In what way?", Arnett piped up.

"It's unusually high for an arms warehouse", Vasil said, "I counted several X-01 units and multiple Reborn snipers on the rooftops during my scout. I suspect they may be storing aircraft weapons, possibly vehicles, something that merits extra security over simple rifles and a cache of ammunition. You don't spend all those resources for some rifles."

"Your right", Hunter said, "you don't, you have high profile security when some of the higher ups are visiting."

"So who are these higher ups?", I asked.

"Captain James Deimos", Hunter said, "a pissed off little prick whose favorite method of murdering people is beating their heads to a bloody pulp. He's rather high up in the BR chain of command, which means he's got codes, names and protocols that even I didn't have. He'll be heavily guarded though, won't be an easy fight."