Puzzle Peices

"Evening everyone", I said looking into the camera on the dash, "Josh here and as you can probably tell by now, this isn't the Civic", I smiled, "no this is so much better. This is my new, Factory fresh with an amazing five whole miles on the odometer, 1992 Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbocharged. I recently acquired this vehicle as an amazing late birthday present from a friend of mine. Under the hood we have that engine you never knew Toyota made in the form of a eleven hundred and twenty horsepower 1 GJZ-V12 with two ridiculous 57mm Twin Turbochargers hanging like a pair of nuts off the back of the car and two, HKS 55mm Centrifugal superchargers up front good for 40 pounds of boost if I decide I'm feeling suicidal . Fully built motor, forged rods, heads, cams valves. All the power that monster up front is making is split between all four wheels via a custom six speed manual transmission and to reign it in we have 15 inch calipers at all four corners with 7 pistons upfront and three piston in the rear."

I smiled again.

"And I haven't driven it yet so your gonna catch my natural reactions to everything", I smiled as I stuck the key in the ignition. I put the car in neutral and gave the key a turn, waking the 12 Cylinder monster and vibrating the entire car.

"Hehehe", I laughed, "this should be fun. Also before we start, the car in front of me is my Dad's 1997 240SX with a 1000 crank horsepower R34 Skyline engine that was custom built by the same guy who got me the Supra. So throughout the video I'll try and see if we can keep up with him."

"Too bad I'm stuck here with you", Nina smiled, "otherwise I'd get my Corvette and smoke both of you."

"Sure you would", I said idling the Supra out of the hanger, stopping beside my Dad.

"You wanna lead or should I?", I asked.

"You should because I don't know the area", Dad answered.

I nodded and started up the trail. At the entrance, Conner and the guards were gathered around a fire with drinks and it sounded like they were talking shit. I wasn't sure which of the two cars caught their attention, but either way it was less than a second before Conner was up and unlocked the gate.

"Out for a drive with ya old man huh?", he asked.

"Yep", I said, "I miss hooning in his 240 so much. Now he's got it back and it's better than he ever could have done himself, all thanks to Sam."

"I hear ya brother", Conner said, "I'll leave a key to the gate in the booth so you can let yourself in when ya get back."

We bumped fists and I drove my Supra as slowly as I could to the paved road. Turning on the blinker, my Dad did the same. I waited until a Camaro blew by us in the opposite direction before turning onto the road, smirking as I gave the pedal a light press.

"Let's see what a 1000 horsepower all wheel drive Supra can do!", I grinned and put the pedal to the floor.

All four corners spun for a brief second before the front end cleared at least a foot and the car rocketed forward, the RPM hitting the redline of 12,000 so quickly I almost couldn't avoid banging the limiter. I watched the Tach jump down from 12 back to three, when the turbos kicked on. Let me tell ya, After tonight the Civic was getting an upgrade. The front end cleared the ground by at least five inches with the second gear shift, the RPM was at 6500 and the speedometer was reading at 130 miles an hour, IN SECOND GEAR! The clutch was amazing, the shifter was right on point and the way the superchargers drowned out everything around me was almost too good.

"So much POWER!", I screamed as I shifted into third gear at 155 miles an hour, "AHHHHH!!!"

By fourth gear my sides were hurting because I couldn't stop laughing. I was nearing 180 miles an hour and still accelerating so quickly I thought I might be in first. The way the V12 upfront was trying to drown out the whining superchargers sent chills of joy up my spine while the thought of the turbos building up god knows how much boost in the rear, quietly waiting to slap me and Nina in the face with it. By the time I hit fifth gear the Supra was screaming at over 7500 RPM and darting down the baked asphalt at over 200 miles an hour and it still had a gear left. At the threshold of 8000, all hell broke lose as the Turbos kicked on. I had heard of boost per gear, the higher you go, the stronger the boost comes on and I can most assuredly say the Supra? Yeah it had that. And it had a nasty case of it. I felt like I was going to experience whiplash with the way the car shot forward, away from my Dad's 240 that had been trying desperately to keep up. That's when I unearthed the most Holy of Holy Performance, also known as Sixth Gear. It was like the world around me had slowed down when I saw the tach.