Chapter Seven

Three weeks had passed since then and Josh hasn't spoken a word to Chris and supposenly Mike as well. Josh ignored Chris at all costs, even when he tried to start with conversation. Josh's grades were either B's or C's, and Chris' were usually B's or D's. It would be a lie of Chris was not relieved that Josh's grades were not dropping any lower. 

Their teacher was chatting about some project, but Chris didn't care. He had better things to worry about. "Josh," she soon called out, turning his attention. "You'll be partnered with Chris."

Josh shifted uncomfortably in his chair, looking away. Apparently they were the last to be grouped, but fortunately he could now be closer with Josh. 

He shyly pushed up his glasses, nodding to the teacher. She returned and it continued to speak.

"Most of you guys know that this is a working outside of class project. I would think of it best to get your partner's phone number."

Josh's phone lit up then and there, showing a message from someone named ' Dr. Hill '. The message read: ' I see you haven't been doing well. Do you want to talk --"

The phone was switched off quickly by Josh, who quite obviously did not care.

"This project is due Friday. Today I Tuesday. Use your time wisely." The bell rang for the end of the day and each student gathered their stuff quickly before leaving. 

"Josh," Chris said. "Can I come over to your house for us to work on the project?"

"Sure, whatever," he answered bluntly, pushing past him. 

Chris followed slowly after a moment. At least you was talking to him now.

.:.

Chris knocked at Josh's door later that day, pretty worked up. It was odd being back here. Mrs. Washington opened the door, her face brightening when she saw  Chris. 

"Chris!" She smiled. "Come in, come in." She practically pulled Chris in before hugging him. "Oh it's been so long. Too long," she laughed. "I assume you're here to work on the project?"

"Uh, yes," Chris managed to say. Mrs. Washington was sweet, but she could surely talk. 

"Oh, great. Josh is on the couch over there. You boys can go to his room and work, if you'd like; We're expecting company." 

Chris nodded before responding. "Alright. Thank you, Mrs. Washington."

Josh was already making his way upstairs when Chris turned around. 

"And, Chris," she whispered. "Do you know what's wrong with him?"

Chris felt as if he shrunk in size. "N-no, I don't. Maybe he's just worrying about grades?" He offered to her, though he already knew the real reason.

"Maybe... now get going!"

Chris smiled before racing up the stairs to Josh's room. When he got there, he was already doing his work. 

"I'm doing the five examples,definition and jobs of it," he muttered, sighing. "You can do photos and poster design. My computer's on the bed."

Chris slowly moved towards the bed, eyes locked on Josh at his desk. Chris opened the computer that was already on and began searching for images. 

It remained like that for bourse, but Chris was already done with the images, so he began searching around on his computer, reading messages. The one he was reading now was from Mike.

Mike: Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know  Chris was with you. 

Josh: I understand. He didn't tell you and you're a disgusting bastard for not asking.