Chapter 1

<CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON TO COMPLETE THIS GAME>

As this message popped up on my screen I sighed.  Most people would be happy to see this screen, especially if it meant you were the first person to complete a game. 
But not me.
This screen meant that I could no longer play this game.  For me, this game was my life.  My way to get away from this cruel world and go to another, and that passage was now gone. I run my fingers through my hair.
"Now what do I do..."I mutter to myself
I get out of my chair and move across my room cluttered with trash and empty ramen noodle containers.  I kick away the dirty shirts and pants blocking the door and open it.  I walk out of my apartment room and start going to the elevator passing by the rooms and hearing different conversations coming from the people living inside them.

-they really need to make the walls thicker-

I get on the elevator and press the button for the first floor.  Horrible elevator music plays making the long ride even better.  I let out a happy sigh as the elevator jolts to a stop and lets me out.  I walk out of the building and start heading towards the bus stop.  I look down at the sidewalk making sure to never step on the cracks of the tiles.

-who says a 34 year old man can't be a little childish sometimes?-

I stop at the bus stop and sit down on the bench near it.  I look up at the clouds above and start to think about what to do next.

-I could always buy another game.
Nono I don't forever want to stay a video game freak...
Well what else am I supposed to do? Go see my girlfriend? Oh right she was taken by my best friend.  Get a job? Yeah because "I was the first to beat a video game" looks so good on job applications.
Maybe I should actually do something beneficial to someone other than myself for once-

I laugh at myself for having my own argument inside my head which earns me a few looks from people walking by.
I look around and see a child with a big smile on his face as he starts to cross the road towards what looks like his grandma. The old lady is kneeling down to get ready for an incoming hug from her grandson.  He reminds me of when I was a kid, I loved my grandma and I was always so happy to see her.  Sadly she died of cancer shortly after I got into elementary school.  I see the large bus start to approach.

-oh here's the bus.  I should probably get off at the first stop to see the video game store, maybe a new game is out that I will like.-

The bus steadily approaches and I stand up.  I feel a burst of wind and I close my eyes for a second.  Once the wind goes away I slowly open them again to see the kids hat fly off.  The kid runs to catch it, but it's flown out to the middle of the road.

-that idiot... He's gonna get a major scolding from his grandma and bus driver-

I sigh and look over at the bus.  The bus that is still moving.  Right at the kid.

-what the hell is that bus driver doing?!-

"KID WATCH OUT" i scream and he looks over at me unaware of the approaching bus.

The bus is still not slowing down, I guess the kid is too small to see.

"Fuck it" I mutter before running over to the kid.

I feel adrenaline rush through me as I run into the road towards the kid.  I look over to see the bus is closer than I expected.