Chapter 24

"Your parents, they were both very strong and well known people. When you said what happened to your mother and father, I had a hunch as to who they were."

He stands up and reaches for the door, pausing only to gesture for me to follow him. I quickly get up and walk closely behind him. I hear a small howl from behind me and I turn and bend down as little Cana jumps into my arms and i carry her as I catch up to ceiling principal.

"The news that one of the king's guardians died and the other was sent to the hospital spread very quickly. The survivors from town explained the monster which could have become a problem for the whole kingdom. But they also explained how someone, or something, defeated it and with such force that there was no corpse left."

He says as he walks out of the hospital and i follow closely behind.

-Kings guardians... I read about this kingdom's system in a book.-

The king and nobles run this country, with the clans close behind. They each hire valuable warriors and try to raise their children to be powerful. The higher your level or amount of high level people under your power the better you are treated. The king has only the strongest people serving him.

As we walk out of the hospital he goes to the left of building to where I was training before.

He turn and faces me.

"Your parents were the warriors that served directly under the king, and protected him. They had the position of greatest honor."

He looks up at the sky a small frown appearing in his face.

"Then, the king died. It was said to be of natural causes but at the funeral, his body was not shown."

He looks back down at me.

"The prince took over the thrown. As soon as he did your parents relinquished their jobs and disappeared without a trace, until now of course."

-this definitely sounds like a plot where the prince assassinated the king to gain the thrown and power and my parents knew this so they refused to serve under the evil king. I can't believe how cliche this is...-

"Your parents were very well loved. Your mother was known for being a cold beauty, and your father a warm handsome man. They were fawned over by those their age as your can guess, but they only had eyes for each other."

I feel a smile creep across my face.

-my parents really were amazing people....-

"So. My goal is to train you so you can get the same position as your parents." He state and reaches out to put a hand on me head.

I quickly move to the side so instead of ruffling my hair his hand just kinda falls the his side. He just smirks at my actions and laughs a bit.

I hear growling and I look in my arms to see Cana is looking at the trees and letting off a low growl. She's all tensed up and doesn't seem to like what's in the forest.

I quickly search for any auras of people or monsters around us.

-the limiters caused my aura sensing to go back to before I beat the dragon, maybe even before i partnered with Cana even.-

There are two strong auras in the forest, and they belong to humans.

-I can't tell who they are though... Im going to have to bring that skill up...-

I look up at ceiling principal and he already has his eyes closed, presumably to search for their auras. He slowly opens his eyes and a small smile appears on his face.

"Naddie, Mike, you can come out now." 

At principals words the leaves behind him rustle as the short redhead steps out of the forest.  She starts to brush out some leaves that got in her hair as there's a thud behind her and Mike falls out of the tree above her. 

Naddie lets out a little huff.  "Mike!! How many times have I told you bot to climb tree when your leg is broken!!!"

She yells at him as he slowly grabs his crutches and stands up. 

"As many times as I have broken my legs."  He says laughing and smiling at Naddie. 

I look back over at principal so I don't have to see a angry redhead murder the disabled.

"So what are you two doing here."  Ceiling principal asks.

Naddie and Mike immediately straighten out and stop punching each other.

Naddie nudges mike in the side and he frowns a bit but then starts speaking.

"Well principal, you need to go back and welcome the new students.  5 people passed the tests.  All but one student has been shown their room, and they are ready to be taught." 

Ceiling principal nods.  "Well then, shall we go back?"  He looks over at me.

I nod and he snaps his fingers. 

There a flash of blue light and i reflexively close my eyes and hear Cana whimper as it also hits her eyes.

I carefully open my eyes to see that we are in a completely different place.  The trees are replaced with open space, the hospital disappears and in its place is multiple small buildings. 

-teleportation.  You have to be pretty powerful to do that.-

I glance over at the principal.  He's acting like nothing happened.  Just a normal thing to do. 

I look behind me and see 4 other people.  I grimace.

-Zach passed.  Greeeeaaattttt.-

As I look past him I see two girls waving at me.  I do a little wave back.

-I am glad to see Bella and Jessica passed though!  But that forth person, I don't think I know them...-

He has a cap on covering most of his hair but you can see slight tussles of pure blond hair through it.  He has a very slender figure and looks about my height. 

-OWWWW-

I look down to see Cana frowning at me. 

~Cana.  Did you just bite my nipple?~

As I say this to her she gives me a smirk and nestles into my chest. 

-great, now my companion bites my nipples to get my attention.  Just what I wanted next.-