Chapter 8

"Chaos" is the first word that comes to mind when I looked at this battlefield.  Even though it used to be the middle of town it is now a large plain of debris.  All the trees have been leveled and it looks like there was never any buildings here in the first place. In the middle of this disaster is the monster and some villagers who are strong enough to fight the monster.

-that monster is even more terrifying up close...-

It was as bigger than any animal I've seen.  It was 2 elephants wide and taller than 3 giraffes with their necks stretched out when the monster stood straight.  Its tail was like a giant serpent, it moved however it wanted and acted like it had a mind of its own.  The head of the beast had two tusk like horns on the side of its mouth and many large razor like teeth.  It's wings were folded on its back but seemed large and powerful.  It's legs were like eagle claws but with scales on it.  It had pointed spikes all across it's body as if it was a dinosaur.

-with this tusks that look like they could easily skewer a person, and wings that could blow away this whole town, this monster would be Jurassic park's worst night mare-

Cana pokes me with her nose an i look over at her.  She gestured to an area to the left of the monster.  There I see my parents and 2 other people fighting.  One looked a lot like Zach so I'm guessing it's his dad, and the other was a  tall beautiful woman with long blond hair and pointed ears.

-woah, is that an elf! In video games they were always beautiful but in real life they look even more pretty then I imagined!-

I step into the battlefield and the dragon immediately snapped his head in my direction and growled.  He completely ignored the people trying to kill him and started walking towards me.

-wait what?! Why is is going towards me?!?!-

It lets out a huge killing intent and the dragon opens his mouth.

-crap, I don't think I can deal with another fireball!-

As i brace myself for another fireball to start flying at me at close range smoke starts coming out of its mouth.  The dragon growls and closes his mouth and his killing intent rises again.

-wait, since i absorbed his fireball can he not use his fire element anymore?   I do remember seeing flames getting absorbed that weren't in the fireball...-

The dragon roars and swings his tail at me.  Its tail creates a huge tidal wave of rocks and broken buildings and is still approaching me.

-seems I don't have time to think about these things-

"Hold on Cana!" I tell her and she bites the end of my shirt.  I look over at the huge pile of rocks coming our way.  I use the wind element to propel Cana and I upwards and over the dragons tail.  I feel a few small rocks hit me as the wave of rubble passes under us. 

-just made it... We should probably head over to my parents and see what we should do.-

I run over to my parents while still feeling the killing intent directed right at me.  The moment dad sees me his eyes sparkle and he runs over to me.  "MY SON, YOURE OKAY!?!?!" He yells while pulling me into his embrace.  "Yup... Im... Okay..." I managed to say while my dad is crushing my lungs.  "Seems you forget you're on the battlefield as usual Adam"  Zach's father says as he walks over to me.  My dad finally lets me go and faces the dragon again.  "I'll leave the long introduction until this thing is on the ground.  My name is Michael, can you fight girlie?"  He says with a side wards glance in my direction.  "Yes I can, and im a guy."  I reply while the dragon starts to approach us again.  "Really? You don't look like a guy..." He says and touches my chest.  Cana bites his hand and growls at him.  "Ouch! What's with the silver wolf?" He yells and rubs his hand. 

-this guy really is Zach's dad...-

"She's my partner, and she probably didn't like you randomly touching me.  And I am most definitely a guy."  I say while glaring at him.  He puts both hands in the air "okay okay, you're a guy.  Now let's beat the crap outta this dragon!"  He says and hands me a piece of jerky.

-oh yeah he's a food enchanter isn't he... Wait, since there weren't any ingredients this is going to taste awful isn't it...-

I prepare myself and take a bite of the jerky ready for the worst.  My eyes widen as I take a bite.

-wait a second, this is DELICOUS!-

I quickly scarf down the rest of it and I feel my health and mana restore.  "Thanks! I thought if there weren't any ingredients then it tastes awful?" I ask while licking the remains off of my fingers.  He laughs "that's only if you are low leveled, I'm guessing you tasted my son's food?  Taste like dog food right?" He says and smiles.  Cana cringes at that.  "Nope, not even the wolf liked it." He laughs again.  Suddenly I hear a girl's voice from behind me.  "Enough of your chit chat, is he going to fight or not?"  I look over to see the elf, still in battle position, look over at me judgingly.  She had red hair and green eyes, and was very beautiful.  If she was my age I most definitely would fall in love with her.  As I'm about to respond my mom walks over.  "Are all the villagers in the forest?"  "Yup."  I respond checking the presences just to make sure.  "Then he's fighting."  She says and quickly rushes over to the monster along with the elf.  They both quickly attack his blind spots with magic and circle it so it can't attack back.

-I somehow always forget how powerful my parents are... Can I even help?-

"Son, I want you to combine your elements and fling attacks at it from every angle.  But be at a distance because the dragon seems to be focusing on you."  He says and also runs to the dragon with his sword in his hand.  He starts attacking its legs to make it off balance, and piss it off.

-so they noticed it was focused on me... Hopefully they don't become too suspicious of why-

Michael looks at me with wide eyes.  "Did he just say combine elements?!"  "Yeah, what about it?" I reply curiously.  "Ah well... Nothing, just make sure to keep moving so the dragon doesn't get too close."  He says and looks at me with what looks like admiration.  "I'll be giving food to the fighters so make sure to keep your eye out for food flying towards you."  Michael says and flings some food at my father from across the battlefield.

-If this was my old world he would be a professional baseball player-

"Cana, help me out a bit here."  I ask and run a bit farther from the dragon.  She puts her nose on my hand and I fling a fire enchanted rock at the dragon, then move to a new place and throw a wind enchanted fireball at it.  I just keep repeating this and occasionally catch a piece of jerky to restore my mana with.

-at this rate we may actually beat this thing!-

Just then I hear a roar, scream, and something gets flung past me and crashes into the wall behind me.  I look behind me and see someone on the wall bleeding. "M-mom?!"