Chapter 4

"THIS IS DELICOUS!!" I say between mouthfuls of the meal Zach made. He made a meal out of the boar he found dead because of the lasting effects of my flaming stick, herbs he find growing, and some fruit and managed to make it taste like a meal at a 5-star restaurant. Zach laughs, "Well I am the son of the best food enchanter in Menthros" he says puffing his chest out, but I'm too busy shoveling food into my mouth to care that he's being too full of himself. I suddenly feel a surge of energy go through my body, but also relaxing my body at the same time.

-I remember reading somewhere that food enchanters can make food for fighters to restore energy, increase strength, and even do some crazy things like make you breathe fire, it seems Zach can actually do something useful.-

I put my fork I made out of wood back down. "Did you feel the effects?" Zach asks his eyes glimmering. "Yes, it restored my energy and relaxed me, correct?" I replied. A smile stretches across his face. "YES IT WORKED!!" He yelled triumphantly. "Pipe down before you awake all the beasts sleeping in this forest. Speaking of which, why were you even in this forest in the first place?" I ask since most people don't travel in here unless they are relatively strong, and Zach obviously wasn't. "I had to get some ingredients for my dad, didn't think I would run into a wild boar though." He replies frowning. "So are you training to be a food enchanter?" I ask curiously. "Yup! I plan to become an even better food enchanter than my dad! I'm going to go into battles and be known throughout the world!" He says standing on top of a rock looking proud. "If you keep being loud beasts even stronger than wild boars will notice you." I say while taking a sip of the water. He gets down from the rock and quickly looks around to make sure there are no beasts noticed him. "And besides, wouldn't you also need to be strong to help out in battles?" I noticed he looked a bit depressed when I said that. "I'll get stronger at one point..." He replies looking at the ground.

-ha, what a childish response-

"If you don't start to train your strength you won't be strong enough to survive the first battle you go to," I say as I make my way to my tent, "I'm going to get some sleep, try not to awake any dragons while I'm sleeping." I grab my makeshift blanket of leaves and fall into a deep slumber immediately, probably because of the enchanted food.

The next morning
At Sam's house

After Adam wakes up he goes into Sam's room to get him up. "RISE AND SHINE, TIME FOR MORNING PRACTICE WI-". He stops when he realizes sam isn't in the room. "He must've gotten up already, lately he has been already awake when I walk in..." He mumbles a bit embarrassed that he was yelling to an empty room. He goes downstairs to find Sam. He looks in all the rooms but sam isn't there. "Sweetie, do you know where sam is?" He asks as he walks into the kitchen. "Oh he must still be in the forest." She replies as she flips a pancake. That got Adam's attention. "Still in the forest? You mean he went to the forest to practice right?" Adam asks starting to get worried. "No, he's been there the whole night. I saw a village kid getting attacked so I sent Sam to go help him. He must've gotten lost or attacked by another monster on the way home." Rebecca says as she sets the table. "WHAT?! YOU MEAN OUR ONLY SON HAS BEEN IN THE FOREST SINCE NIGHT WITH ALL THE MONSTER AND STRANGE PEOPLE WITHOUT SUPPLIES OR FOOD AND MAY BE LOST OR INJURED OR EVEN DEAD AND MAY BE GETTING ATTACKED OR.. OR..." Adam yells worriedly and he starts to hyperventilate. "SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM" Adam yells like a war-cry as he picks up his sword and runs into the forest in search of his son. "Make sure to be back before the pancakes get cold!" Rebecca yells after him.

In the forest

I wake up suddenly from hearing the growling of a strange beast. I make a sword out of rocks and try to sense the source of the growl.