Ramta Jogi

Mumbai

The next day, the chawl was in full flurry, everyone was helping to prepare for the engagement which was in 2 days time. " Kalpi beti where are you going ? " Kamala asked, " Mandir...I won't be long " Kalpi smiled, " ok beti " Kamala smiled and went inside the chawl. Kalpi climbed down the steps of the chawl and saw Ranveer in front of the gate talking to Vittal who later excused himself, " hey Veer " Kalpi smiled, " hey...you going somewhere " Ranveer asked, Kalpi nodded, " can you take me ? " Kalpi asked, " sure...hop in " Ranveer smiled. " so where are we going ? " Ranveer asked, " office " Kalpi smiled.

Raghav looked at is watched for the hundredth time, " where is she ? it's already 9.30 am " Raghav thought. He took his phone and looked at it, contemplating whether he should call. After sometime, Raghav dialed.

Kalpi was laughing at what Ranveer has said, when her phone rang, taking it out Kalpi looked at the caller ID. " aren't you gonna pick that up ? " Ranveer asked. " Pick up the phone Ms. Jadhav " Raghav mumbled. Kalpi looked at the phone again, and smirked, " no one important " Kalpi smiled and rejected the call. " DAMNMMIT !!!!!!!!!! " Raghav growled and dialed again, this time he got a message saying the phone was switched off. Raghav tossed his phone on the desk hard and laid back on his chair.

Ranveer and Kalpi made it to the office 5 minutes later, " I'll be a second " Kalpi smiled and got out. Kalpi looked at the building in front of her. Taking a deep breath, Kalpi walked in. Kalpi reached the office, and found Raghav looking at his phone with a frown. Raghav was looking at his phone " why won't she call ? " Raghav thought, just then a knock sounded his cabin door, looking up Raghav found Kalpi standing there" come in " Raghav called out. Kalpi walked in and stood in front of him, " you do know that office hours start at 8 am Ms. Jadhav " Raghav said sternly as he looked at her, " sorry for the tardiness Sir " Kalpi said matching his tone, " I just came to give you this " Kalpi said passing him a white envelope. Raghav between Kalpi and the envelope, taking it, Raghav opened it and read the letter. Raghav looked up at her " your resigning ? " Raghav asked in shock, " I did say it yesterday " Kalpi said. Raghav banged the letter on the table, " not acceptable " Raghav said, " whether you accept it or not sir. I'm resigning. I'll be busy for the next few weeks. So thank you for the experience " Kalpi said and walked out. when Kalpi walked out, Raghav took his phone and threw it across the cabin in anger. " Raghav...where is Kalpi going ? " Sammy asked as he walked in, " she resigned " Raghav growled in anger, " what ? seriously ? " Sammy asked in shock, Raghav rubbed his face in defeat

" That was fast " Ranveer smiled, Kalpi shrugged her shoulders " come on " Ranveer and opened the car door for Kalpi and Kalpi got in and the both drove off to the chawl to help. " so what did you want to give ? " Ranveer, " my resignation latter. " Kalpi said, " you resigned ? but the wedding is not for another 3 weeks " Ranveer said, " I know...but I want to help. So that's why " Kalpi smiled.

" Raghav calm down " Sammy said, Raghav just growled and paced back and forth in his cabin. Just then something clicked into Sammy's mind, " I think I know why your acting like this " Sammy said, Raghav stopped and looked at him " acting like what ? " Raghav asked, " like this. Agitated, angry " Sammy said, " you have fallen for her " Sammy said, " who ? " Raghav said, " Kalpi....you have fallen for her " Sammy said. Raghav scoffed " don't be silly...love is not in my books " Raghav said, " really ? then why are you acting like this ? like it's the end of the world " Sammy asked, " I do not love her Sammy...I'm just angry that she came to work late and presented me with a resignation letter " Raghav said, " whatever Raghav " Sammy said in an annoyed tone and walked out. Raghav sat down behind his desk and thought " No...I don't have feeling for her..." Raghav thought angrily.

" what about this one ? " Kamala asked, " I like that. Simple yet elegant " Kalpi smiled as she looked at the wedding card sample, " yeah me too..." Ranveer smiled, " so it's settled " Vittal said and he took the card, " aai...how many people will show up ? " Kalpi asked, " Hmmm...If I'm not mistaken Vidya said 100 " Kamala said, Kalpi nodded. " that was fun...choosing cards " Ranveer said as they relaxed on the bench near the park, " yeah...who knew planning a wedding could be so hard ? " Kalpi said, laying back and looking at the stars, " whats your dream wedding ? " Ranveer asked looking up at the stars,
" Hmmmm...a small one. Just a few close people at the Mandir " Kalpi said, " you never wanted a big wedding ? " Ranveer asked, " nope...I just found it too troublesome. A big wedding, 100 over people just to get married ? no thank you " Kalpi chuckled, " Point " Ranveer chuckled and kept looking at the stars.

Raghav looked at the letter, taking a gulp of Whiskey, Raghav crushed the letter and threw it and laid down and closed his eyes. " you look awful " Sammy said, " shut up Sam...." Raghav said in annoyance. " ready to accept the fact that you have fallen for her ? " Sammy asked, Raghav opened his eyes and looked at Sammy, " I have not fallen for anyone one Sam " Raghav said pouring another glass of Whiskey, " really then why are you drinking like Devdas who just lost his love ? " Sammy asked, Raghav stopped pouring and looked at him, " well ? " Sammy asked, " fuck off " Raghav growled and went to his room.