18: THE DELIVERY

"Galiathan?"

He searched the area for the huntsman feeling a knot forming in his gut. Any minute now he would feel some sort of pain from a fist or a dagger. He brought his closed fist to his sides ready to punch air.

"Oh, so this is how you wanna play huh? Games?" He spun around nice and easy analyzing the ground for any sign of footprints.

The giant's footsteps were hard within the cabin, but outside in the midst of nature the huntsman in him unraveled. And his sooth of invisibility only enhanced it.

"Veil," he groaned aloud seeing no footprints or disrupted earth. "Mmhm. You know I wonder, what's your frailty, hmm?"

His back straightened from the faint deep-throated laugh. He jumped around to where he thought it came from and inhaled a handful of air to ease his racing heart.

"Show yourself, Galiathan! I like games, but this is plain cruelty."

He gave an irritated gruff, "Alright, you got me," he uncurled his fingers and held his palms in the air. He narrowed his emerald eyes knowing for a fact the invisible man was closer than he expected. "I get it. Your power is great. Stop showing off."

"Find me," the deep voice vibrated towards his ears from behind.

Alsin spun on his steady feet, holding his breath for an attack. Galiathan was nowhere in sight. "Find me? I don't understand."

"We played this when you were a boy," he said his voice bouncing from place to place.

He sighed and flapped his arms beside him. "Really? I can't remember."

"I said, find me." This time the voice came from afar in the woods to his right. He faced the direction and pursed his lips.

"Jerk..." he muttered under his breath. "I told you I'm not what you think I am."

"You know that's not true," Galiathan said a distance behind him.

He turned in that direction and pulled his jaw left to right. "To tell you the truth. I think I'm just a knight with good eyes."

"Seer-sooth," the deep-throated voice whispered into a breeze that made it circle around him.

Slowly, Alsindad nodded, "Okay. Fine. I'll play your game."

"Our game," the voice murmured from somewhere within the woods.

Alsin rolled the kinks from his shoulders and stood still. He squinted his eyes trying to break the barrier between sight and air. The frontal lobe of his head squeezed and sent a shivering splinter to his occipital lobe. A group of birds took off from atop a few branches. And climbing up a nearby tree was a hand-size black fury spider. Two squirrels played tag, stopped for a second to look at him, then climbed into a hole in a tree.

"Relax, Alsindad," Galiathan advised. This time Alsin didn't turn to the voice, which continued to blow in the refreshing breeze. "Let your sooth come naturally."

"Naturally, ugh." He clenched his jaw.

He did as the man said. He relaxed his shoulders and stood perfectly still falling prey to the beautiful scenery around him. The morning sun was high in the sky, playing peek-a-boo behind thick gray clouds preparing for a wet explosion. Tiny flowers crippled open and bumped into one another in the breeze. And the bustling sound of footprints and wagons could be heard from the crowded path a mile away. He inwardly grunted; they hadn't walked as far as he thought. A black shadow standing perfectly still on the corner of his left peripheral took one step to the side out of view.