36: GOLD SUNRISE

"Crap. I can't see." He blinked a few times.

Nothing. He could see nothing. Instead of the pitch black like the interior of his eyelids were supposed to be, it was blotched white. Pure white like the yellow sun if one tried to look too long.

"Gods, what's happening?" His heart rapidly ran a race within his chest. He rubbed his eyes now moist and burning.

The thick warm air transformed to thin and chilly. He held out his hands to grab something. He gave a worried wine. "What the hell," he panted. "I can't see."

He sharply inhaled a few times to regain control of his panicking heart. He twirled around in a cautious circle hands touching air. "Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. I can't get caught here. What to do?"

If he tried to make his way to the double doors there was a certain possibility of knocking over everything in his path. "What to do?"

His ears popped open, straining to listen to any odd sounds. If he was caught, Kaahiss would cruelly punish him. If the witch caught him, he'd be killed where he stood. His skin pricked. His stomach squeezed. His expanding lungs tapped against his ribcage now being gripped by his tensing muscles.

"Alsin. Okay, Alsin don't panic," he muttered although his body was doing the opposite. "Don't panic. It should go away. Go away. What was on that thing? Arsehole. Always gotta look into things you don't need to."

A part of the white oblivion darkened on the right and took a few steps to the left. He spun around to face whomever stood there. The dark spot faded away, but his senses told him the person was still there.

His heart skipped, he held his breath, ears straining to listen to the person's soft breathing pattern, but heard none. "Kaahiss? Kaahiss? Curl? I'm sorry. Who's there? Casper? Oh gods please be Casper."

He held out his hands hoping to touch the person, but only got air. Something black waved across the white's exterior. He jumped, shoulders and muscles tensed, prepared for an attack he deserved. Both of his eyes watered and sizzled enough to force the polished white nothing to fade away.

His vision returned with a nasty blur. He could see the library and the person standing before him, but only their dark wavy forms. He lowered his hands as the person slowly stepped closer. Alsin's panting grew calmer. His furrowed brow relaxed and raised high in his amused yet confused state.

"Hi," he managed to say, straightening his slouched shoulders.

Never in his entire life had he seen a woman with eyes as gold as a sunrise. They were that warm morning day, which he wouldn't mind enjoying for eternity. They were odd yet familiar, but he couldn't place it. He didn't want to. They glared at him with fiery at first then relaxed into a suspicious curiosity. She leaned into his face, he sharply gasped and held his breath. He couldn't place the memory of brushing his teeth earlier, but his teeth screamed that he did.

He dropped his gaze to her nose, uncomfortable by her sudden interest in his eyes. Her nose was small and petite with a smooth dip like the sliding board he and his father had built when he was eight. She smelled like cherries and winter if that was possible.

She grabbed his chin with gloved fingers sending warm excited shivers down to his groin. Her cinnamon lips were full and firm, pressed together in a scold. A cute scold as his father would say teasing his mother after they had a disagreement.

He cracked a smile and suddenly felt an overwhelmed heat flash realizing he was staring and had not spoken a single word. "Um...I-I d-don't ah think we-we ah met before. Ah..." he swallowed taking note of how dry his mouth had gotten from sitting agape. His green eyes coated white dropped to those lips and he found himself leaning forward.