EPILOGUE

Two days later

He stood in the shade of a corner house, leaning against its frame. His foot tapped an unsettling rhythm as he chewed on a mint leaf. From the time he took his post early morning until this very moment of noon, he did not see any sign of Morsa.

People of Jelvume walked by him too busy to take notice of the Terran standing in the shadows. Whether they alerted a guard on his presence or not was not his concern. The only thing he wanted was to see Morsa or maybe a glimpse of Galasia entering or exiting the one-leveled building. Yesterday there was no luck.

Galiathan had asked some soldiers about their dark prisoner as well as Morsa's whereabouts. Their only yet strangely similar responses were that Morsa was handling business beyond the wall and that he had ordered no visitation.

He massaged his forehead feeling a headache was on its way. He looked back down the hilly narrowed street where he easily spotted Galiathan making his way through the crowd. Alsin studied the giant for a few minutes. He still wore his black hunters attire with the heavy cloak. Just looking at him made Alsin feel as if he was on fire.

When he finally approached with the slim Kit on his heels, Alsin had to say something. He grinned, "Are you not hot, Galiathan?"

"I have much more to worry about than the heat," he grumbled glaring at the building sitting upon a rocky hill. "Now have you seen Morsa?"

"No. Just soldiers and guards and many types of people," he said placing his hands on his waist. "You know in Terra everyone's dull and brown-yellow headed folks. I even saw a man with blue shrieks in his hair. I wanted to ask him if it was real or just dyed, but...mmhm the look he gave me."

He shook his head and was satisfied by Kit's chuckle. The giant on the other hand continued glaring at those surrounding the building. He grabbed his cloak's strings and untied them.

"What're you gonna do?" he asked.

"What I should've done yesterday," he said. He wrapped the cloak together and shoved it into his arms.

He scanned the area, "Stay here. I will be back." The giant walked off towards a spot unseen by people and with a blink of an eye vanished into the air. Alsin and Kit gasped.

"You saw that right?" Alsin muttered.

"Oh hell yeah I did," Kit laughed. "I wish I could do that."

He nodded, "Same, Kit. Same."

For twenty minutes or so the two waited in the shadows for the giant's return. Alsin combed a hand through his hair praying the sharp-tongued woman was okay. From what Galiathan had disclosed to him two nights ago really had set him on edge. How were they going to get Galasia back when the people of Iceburn and the king wanted her dead? And so far, the vibe he was receiving from the soldiers and the people proved to be short tempered.

"What's taking him so long?" Kit said studying the patterns of his wooden arm.

"He'll be here soon."

The air in front of them blurred gray for a second before the giant fully appeared. The knight and wooden boy jumped in start.

"Great god's Galiathan," Alsin said pressing a hand to his skipping heart. Kit's eyes widened and so did the people who witnessed what had happened.

The giant growled and snatched his cloak. "She's gone. There's no sign of her in there."

Alsin's heart sunk to the ground. "W-what do you mean gone?"

The huntsman took the lead down the street in long strides. They ended up jogging to keep up.

"Galiathan! Where is she?" he shouted.

"Morsa probably snuck her out."

"When?" Kit asked.

"I don't know."

Alsin gripped the hilt of his sword, "The bastard! What are we going to do?"

"What we must," he said as they turned onto Partisan's street.

"Oh I'm going to kill Morsa for doing this," Alsin growled punching his palm.

They reached Partisan's corner house and barged in. Roger, sitting with his family and their host, jumped to his feet.

"What's the meaning of this?"

"She's gone," Galiathan said. "We need to leave now."

"Now?" Roger said blinking wildly.

"Yes. We must head to Iceburn now. They could be a day ahead or so, I don't know. But we need to go now."

"Wait," Partisan shouted and pushed himself out of the armchair. He glared at Galiathan then at Alsindad. "That's a five day trip, a hard trip without decent preparation."

"We will be fine," Galiathan said.

"But what of the borders of the great city? I heard it was on high patrol. They're not accepting any foreigners unless they are official citizens which you all are not."

"We will deal with that once we're there."

The old man gave a clever smile and laughed drawing everyone's attention. "But my giant friend, if you put yourself at ease for one more day. Pray to the gods to protect your friend. I will take you to the great city of Iceburn for I know a certain passageway, it's fast and out of sight and has never failed me yet."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Okay everyone this is finally over. WOW! What a journey! From Terra to Haven to Jelvume, Iceburn. I am so excited for what's to come. Thank you again for reading and giving your votes and comments! 

Okay. So this was an old note. 

NEW NOTE as of 2021

Hey everyone! I am planning on doing a huge revision of this book to match my storyline for The Ordained which is a spin-off to The Fairest Series. This book will not have a sequel. But the new version for The Ordained may have a sequel or I may make it into a standalone book. So be on the lookout and thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed!

From LeQuita