41: RED BODY

His time was dwindling. He knew the sword's hilt was in arm's reach, but the poisoned smoke was clinging onto his airway and watering his vision. He finally curled his fingers around the sword when Beo's beastly face appeared out of the smoke. He brought arm and sword around and felt his thick fingers curl around his forearm stopping it midway. With a nasty growl the warg swung him into the air like a doll.

The speed of his flying body masked the pain of what he had collided into. However, an explosion of pain took hold of his body after he crashed awkwardly onto the floor. He coughed and gagged, the taste of iron and maybe sulfur invaded his taste bugs. He forced himself to ignore the spasms in his muscles and scurried onto his feet. He ran as far as he could go before he felt the air move violently behind him.

The warg grabbed the back of his shirt and he found himself flying backwards

The warg grabbed the back of his shirt and he found himself flying backwards. Crashing onto his back, the sword slid from his grip. He seethed his teeth waiting for his spine to tell him it was still okay. He scanned the dungeon covered in red smoke that had decided not to leave. The warg ran towards him on hands and feet like a rampaging gorilla. It growled and screeched, clashing its teeth for a final good bite out of this man.

Alsin continued coughing, but thought quick. As Beo drew closer and jumped into the air to fall upon him, he rolled to his left until he was under the table. He jumped to his feet on the other side and ran towards the shelves. Beo came for him. He grabbed whatever his hands touched and threw it at the warg. It stalled him greatly as books, glass jars of potions and liquids, tools and instruments of metal slammed into its face and body.

He grabbed a larger glass jar filled with a blue substance and threw it at the advancing warg. Like the red smoke it puffed into smog. Alsin sprinted away as beast swap furiously at the acid burning through his fur and flesh. He skidded to a stop at a smaller shelf filled with weapons. He smirked feeling tears leaking from his burning eyes.

He grabbed the small bow and plucked three arrows. He stuck two in his mouth and aimed the third in the direction where Stein was mercilessly beating a powerless Galasia. Beo had finally recovered and glared at him with fiery red flames in his eyes. Alsin sharply inhaled understanding his anger. Clumps of fur and flesh had peeled from his face and onto the floor, blood was everywhere. He could easily see white specks of his bones and jawbone which caused his jagged teeth to look longer.

Beo charged.

Time slowed as he struggled between targets. Galasia fought hard, punching and kicking, grabbing items and throwing, but Stein somehow was overpowering her. The red smoke had bloodied her eyes causing her tears to fall red. Stein kicked her in the side sending her crashing onto the open floor. Stein knelt over her and clasped his hands around her delicate neck and squeezed. 

He looked back at Beo who was closing in on him.

Alsin kept his aim, heart screaming hysterically in his ears to save this beautiful woman. He released the first arrow and it struck Stein. It entered his left shoulder and protruded out from the top. He screamed.