Chapter Thirteen

EDITED

Chapter Thirteen - Talking About You

"You're so lucky, Aniya. Hunter is your partner." Cydney giggled, playfully slapping my shoulder.

My eyes instantly widened. How did she know about that? The only person who had to tell her was Sam. I was going to kill Sam for telling my business—my personal business. She was going to get a handful of words when I spoke to her alone. I glared at her, but she looked just as shocked as I was—which puzzled me greatly. How the hell did Cydney know Hunter was my partner and how much did she know?

I was barely listening to their conversation, until Cydney added me into it. She probably thought I was tired of hearing what they had to talk about—which was partially true. I just didn't want to be bothered today, so I kept the conversation to a minimum. Cydney had others plans, though. I had to find out more.

"Yeah," I said quickly,"how do you know about that?"

Cydney resembled a deer caught in headlights. She brought the topic up. Did she not assume that I was going to want to know how she knew about it?

"Um, Hunter is my cousin. Didn't he tell you?" Cydney said quietly. "I told him I was friends with you and he said he knew you too. I asked him how and he told me."

"What the heck! He's not supposed to say anything about The Buddy Club outside The Buddy Club. What happens there stays there. He has to get in trouble for this!" I rolled my eyes.

I was mad. No, I was beyond heated. Hunter wasn't supposed to say anything about his partner and he told Cydney. It didn't matter that it was his cousin. It was the fact that he told someone about it. He knew how I felt about the whole situation and I did not want people to know about it. It was even against the rules to tell anyone. I didn't even want him to see me there and he was my partner. This was so embarrassing.

"Aniya, relax, he tells me everything." Cydney said quietly, as if it was going to help the situation.

"I don't care. No one was supposed to know." I raised my voice, tears threatening to fall. Whenever I got angry, I would cry.

Sam gave me a knowingly look and she took me by the wrist, told the girls we'd be right back, and dragged me upstairs to her room.

I hated when people saw me cry. Crying showed a sign of weakness, like I wasn't strong enough to keep of the façade I had going on for so long. However, as soon as we stepped foot in her room, I crumbled to the floor and started pouring my eyes out. She looked at me worriedly the whole time and tried to soothe me by saying sweet nothings, but nothing worked.

"This is so embarrassing." I bawled out.

"It's gonna be okay." Sam whispered, rubbing circles on my back.

"No, it's not. If they know, I wonder who else knows. I can't believe I was starting to trust him."

"I bet no one else knows, you're just over-reacting."

"I'm not over-reacting! Don't tell me how to fee, 'cause you're not the one in this position. He told me I was his friend! Friends don't tell each other's business. I'ma mess him up when I see him. He gone wish he was never alive." I angrily cried.

I didn't know what I was. I didn't know if I was sad, betrayed, angry, or all three of those put together. Guys really knew how to screw a girl over, that was for sure.

Since he wanted to tell my business, I would just have to tell his. What would he do if Eliza knew about his little crush? What could he do? He couldn't do anything about it except be embarrassed. He wanted to make me feel bad, well game on. Two could play at that game. When I saw him on Monday, I'd just pretend like everything was cool. I'd have everything all figured out; I was going to show him I wasn't the one to mess with.

"You know what," I wiped my tears and gave her a hug, "you're right. I'm over-reacting. I'ma go apologize to Cyndey for getting loud and then I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my night 'cause it's no big deal, right?"

Sam looked over me thoroughly. Just this once, I hoped she wouldn't see right through my lies. I didn't need her asking me a million questions on what I was going to do about the situation because I knew that's what she was probably thinking. I mean, I did get upset and started crying.

"Are you sure you're ready to go back downstairs?" Sam raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine now."

"Alright," Sam sighed. She stood off the ground and waited for me before I followed her downstairs and then back to the basement.

It was silent in the basement. Cydney and Alaysha looked like they hadn't said a word to each other since Sam and I went upstairs.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out. "For actin' crazy like that. It's not even a big deal now that I think about it."

"You for real?" Alaysha raised her eyebrows. "You was pretty mad if you ask me."

"Good thing nobody asked you, then." I deviously smiled and put my hands on my hips. She didn't have anything to do with the situation, her opinion was not important to me.

"NaNa." Sam sighed beside me and shot me a look.

"Alright, alright," I said to her before looking at Cydney and Alaysha. "Like I said, I'm sorry. Take it or leave it 'cause this ain't happenin' again."

"I accept your apology." Cydney smiled. "I understand that you don't want anyone to know and I'm sorry my idiot cousin told me about it. He said wonderful things about you."

He did?

"I'm sorry too, I guess, for puttin' my input in when you ain't ask for it." Alaysha said quietly, crossing her arms over her chest.

They made this way easier than I thought it would be. Honestly, I thought I'd have to beg on my knees to get them to accept my apology or something.

"Well," Sam clapped her hands together, "now that we've got that all figured out, you guys wanna go make some cupcakes?"

"Cupcakes? It's almost twelve o'clock in the mornin' and you wanna make cupcakes?" Alaysha narrowed her eyes.

"Yeah girl, I've been craving them for like forever." Sam rubbed her belly.

"You weird." I shook my head laughing.

"I know, now come on." Sam smiled, motioning us to follow her to the kitchen upstairs.