Chapter Eighteen

EDITED

Chapter Eighteen - Returning to the Hell-hole I Call My House

"Thanks for the ride." I said to Hunter as I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car.

"You know it's no problem at all." He smiled at me.

"Alright, I'll see you later." I waved to him.

I sighed as I unlocked my front door. My mama knew I wasn't going to be home until this time, so she wouldn't flip out or anything like that. She had the day off and I was surprised her and Deonte didn't go out on a date; I would give anything for that man to not be in my presence. That was how much I despised him. After he touched me, I lost all respect—the tiny ounce—that I did have for him. It disgusted me how he could touch his girlfriend's daughter like that. Did he have no shame? Was he feeling any ounce of remorse?

I walked into the living room and Deonte and my mama were cuddled up on the couch. They were watching a movie with Tyrese in it; I couldn't make out the name of the movie from what scene was playing, though. I bet it would come to me when I was sitting around doing nothing.

"What's up," I said as I passed my mama.

She held up the peace sign and nodded her head. I guess she thought she was cool or something.

"Cain't say hi to me, NaNa?" Deonte's deep voice boomed in my ears as I stood frozen in the middle of the hallway.

This had two scenarios: I could either say hi to him and continue to go to my room, or I could put him on blast and tell my mama what he did. Even though I knew she wouldn't believe me, maybe just the tiny thought of it in her mind could make her realize that he was capable of doing it—he did do it! She was too oblivious to see what type of guy he really was.

I chose the former. "Hi, Deonte."

I grimaced when his name rolled off my tongue. I hated him so much. I hated being under the same roof as him; I hated breathing the same air as him. Why couldn't my mama realize she made a huge mistake dating this douchebag and pick someone who would truly care for her. I loved her but she made stupid decisions sometimes and Deonte was definitely one of them.

I walked into my room; it was dirty. Clothes were scattered everywhere and my bed was unmade. Sighing, I tossed my backpack on the floor and plopped down on my bed.

I had homework to do, I had to clean my room, and I had to take down this sew-in in a few days. Then, I'd have to find somebody to do my hair. I had so much to do and I didn't feel like doing any of it.

I turned my body so I was facing the wall. I stared absentmindedly at it and my thoughts drifted to a certain green eyed, brunette haired boy. That was all I seemed to do lately. Now, I had to come up with an idea to get him and Eliza together. He wanted me to help him, yet he couldn't even gather the courage to hold a decent conversation with her. My phone dinged and ironically, Hunter's name popped up on my phone.

From Hunter: Hey

To Hunter: You literally just dropped me off

From Hunter: sooooo what's your point

To Hunter: my point is I'm tired of talking to you

From Hunter: too tired for me to tell you I got you invited to Eliza's party next weekend?

He got me invited to a party?

It was probably going to be full of kids like him and Eliza and I wasn't sure I wanted to be surrounded by that.

To Hunter: umm thanks but idk bout that

From Hunter: what do you mean you don't know? Just come it'll be fun!

To Hunter: I won't know anybody

From Hunter: you'll know me

To Hunter: yeah but you're tryna get with Eliza remember? You gotta talk to her the whole time. Not me.

From Hunter: oh yeah you're right.

From Hunter: Duh! Bring somebody with you. That way you can still come and have fun

Well, I could bring Sam with me. She would love to go to a party; she was a socialite, always loved to meet new people and talk their ear off. But did I really wanna go to the party? It wouldn't hurt to let loose for once.

To Hunter: alright I'm gonna ask a friend and ttyk

To Hunter: *ttyl

To Sam: hey sam. Hunter got me invited to Eliza's party next weekend and he said I can bring somebody, so wanna come?

I chuckled when she replied back instantly.

From Sam: hell yeah. I got nothing better to do. And I'm assuming you guys made up?

To Sam: yeah he apologized and I guess I was over reacting a bit. It's not like he told her anything too personal

From Sam: you made up with bae lol

To Sam: girl shut up that ain't my bae. You tripping

From Sam: you guys would be a good couple tho

From Sam: not to mention your babies would be adorable

To Sam: dude you need to chill out

From Sam: wyd fam

To Sam: nothin much just chillin and procrastinating doing homework. Wbu?

From Sam: lol same thing. And about to go to the store with my mom. I'm only going so she won't buy the off brand Oreos. They don't taste the same lol

To Sam: I'm dead af. I'll ttyl

•••

I need story recommendations!

So please comment some good stories I should read down below:

Because, trust me, when I'm not writing I am reading. I just might be reading your story you never know.

Also I meant to update this yesterday but I fell asleep after I came from something at my school.