Chapter Fourteen

EDITED

Chapter Fourteen - I Can't Believe You

I love reading all the comments from you guys, keep them coming haha!

xxx

•••

"Hey Aniya, wanna hang out later?"

I was going to explode in anger.

I clutched my books tightly to my chest to take it out on something, rather than causing a scene. That's all I had been doing lately—causing a scene with no explanation, so I didn't want to go there. Not today. Not when I had three tests to take that I did not prepare for at all. I knew I  shouldn't have gone to Sam's house over the weekend. It did nothing but piss me off and prevent me from studying. Well, the little studying that I was going to do anyway.

"Did you seriously just ask me if I wanted to hang out with you later?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I know we have the club and all, but I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere after it. We can go to my house."

He still wasn't getting the point. If he couldn't tell I was upset with him, then maybe he wasn't as smart as everyone pegged him to be. He had a dumbfounded look on his face, like he didn't know what bush I was beating around. He had to know why I was mad at him, he just had to know. I found it hard to believe that he didn't know why.

"I don't wanna hang out with you. I don't even wanna go to the club today." I rolled my eyes.

I was already aggravated from not studying for the tests, not that I wanted to anyway, but that was besides the point. I knew I was going to flunk them and then I'd have to see Hunter at the end of the day. I wasn't looking forward to spending anymore time with him, but it had to be done because of the choices I made.

"Look I don't know why you're mad, but do you—"

"—don't know why I'm mad!? You don't know why I'm mad?" I scoffed. "You know what, I'll see you later—not that I want to."

I told myself that I was going to act cool and pretend like nothing happened. As soon as I saw his face, that thought drifted out of my mind.

I gave him one last look in his green
eyes, completely furious with him and stormed off to my first hour class.

Throughout the day people had been asking me what was wrong with me and it literally took a lot for me not to snap at them. I didn't want anybody to talk to me when I was in a bad mood. I wanted to be left alone and for everybody to mind their own business. Sam knew what was wrong with me, obviously, it happened over her house. When she spoke to me she tried not to get on my nerves too much, which I appreciated because she knew me like a book. She knew I didn't like talking about my problems and she respected that.

As I walked through the library doors, I gave myself a mental motivational speech, about how I wasn't going to let Hunter affect me with this club. If I as so much said one obnoxious thing to him I was sure the librarian would report it to the principal, so I wasn't having any of that. All I wanted to do was get in and get out. I wouldn't be in here too long. I could handle Hunter—the tan skinned, smart guy who told my business to his cousin because he was that close to her. He wasn't supposed to do that; I rolled my eyes as I sat down across from him, I couldn't even stand to look at him.

"Hey Aniya, how was your day?" He smiled, showing his straight, pearly whites.

It amazed me that he pretended like I didn't snap on him earlier this morning. He was such an optimist, it was unbelievable. It took a lot for him to get angry. I'd noticed that out of the time that I had known him.

"I'm not talkin' to you about nothin'." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"And now we're back to square one where we started." He leaned back in his chair and he smirked.

He freaking smirked.

Why would he smirk?

"I'll have you know that there's nothing you can do that's gonna make me angry. I meant what I said, you're my friend now. If anything, you owe me a valid explanation as to why you're mad at me." He spoke nonchalantly.

My eyes widened and I was speechless. For once, I didn't have a sarcastic comeback or I wasn't giving him a dirty look.

He claimed I was his friend, but could I really trust him? Could I really be willing to be his friend after what he did? He did not know what he had done. He was clueless and that scared me. It scared me because he actually considered me as a friend.

"I'm not talkin' to you about my day, like I said." I huffed.

"You're so stubborn." He chuckled.

"Excuse me!? You have the audacity to act like everything's normal? Nah, ain't no way." I shook my head.

"Because nothing's wrong unless you tell me." He shrugged his shoulders and dropped his head. He lifted his head up again and boy was I mesmerized by his forest green eyes. I'd never seen eyes so bright. "Why don't you just tell me what I did? You're giving me crap about something I don't even know about."

I hated everything about him when I first met him.

I hated his personality.

I hated his positivity.

I hated his kindness.

But the one thing I liked about him was his eyes, although I would never admit that to him.

"Actually, you do know about it, dummy. It all started with you!" I hissed under my breath. "You wanna know what you did? Fine, I'ma tell you, but I ain't tellin' you here because it's bad enough you're—you know what, never mind. Let's go somewhere after this and I'll tell you. No scratch that, I'll tell you in the parking lot. That way we don't have to go anywhere."

"No." He shook his head.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows in shock. I said all that and his only response was 'no'.

"We're going to my house. I'm not standing in a parking lot for God knows how long for you to tell me something. We'll do what normal friends do and go to one of our houses. You're tripping."

"I'm trippin'? I'm 'bout five minutes from knocking you out. I can't stand you." I groaned.

"Oh, I feel so offended you feel that way." He sarcastically said.

•••

I'm so sorry for this horrible update.

I honestly don't know where I'm going with this story.

Everyone wanted me to update so I thought of something real quick.

****Anyways, what do you think will happen in the next chapter?