5

2 days later

I was sitting in my living room and on my phone. My life already feels like shit at this moment, I been crying for the past 2 days since I seen Qua and Courtney kissing at my job and shit. Damion hasn't even been home yet and I been worried like shit. I been calling and texting him, he never respond. Sometimes I think it be them niggas he hang with be controlling him. I told him I didn't like him hanging with them, but he doesn't listen. I stood up and walked into the kitchen, grabbing an apple out of the fruit bowl. I was about to take a bite until I heard the door slam.

"Yo Kayla!" Damion yelled. I ran over to the front door to find Damion on the ground all beat up. "What the fuck happened?" I yelled to him and ran over to him. He struggled to talk because he was in so much pain. "S-some niggas jumped me and my boys." I helped him up and sat him on the couch. He winced in pain and I looked at all the bruises. "What they jump y'all for?!" I asked trying not to get even more angry, I was already mad at the fact he never called or texted back. "I don't know, I never seen them dudes a day in my life. I was just in the gas station parking lot with my boys then all of a sudden, them nigga pull up and start beating our ass" I shook my head and went into the kitchen and got him an ice pack. I went back into the living room and threw it in his lap. I stood there looking at him with my arms crossed. "Damn Damion! How come you haven't even been coming home? I was worried about your ass, you already know I don't like them dudes because they are trouble. I don't like you on these streets with them dangerous ass niggas." I semi-yelled. He was silent, he just shook his head and looked down. "My bad Kayla.." I was staring at him as he walked out of the living room. I sighed of relief and plopped back down on the couch. I didn't want anything happening to Damion, he's all I got and I would go crazy if I did find out something bad happen to him. I heard my phone ringing in the kitchen, I got up quickly and ran into the kitchen picking up. I smiled once I seen August calling.

Me: Yess?

He laughed

August: I'm glad to hear that you're fine, I thought you were going to answer the phone crying.

I chuckled then sat on the counter.

Me: I'm fine, thanks for calling and checking on me.

August: No problem, I haven't talk to you since the last time you came over.

I sighed and shook my head

Me: So, where's Courtney?

He sighed and it was silent for a second.

August: I put her out. I got sick of her bullshit, all she did was cheat.

Me: Awh, I'm sorry.

He laughed a little.

August: Enough of her, you work tonight?

Me: Nah, wassup?

August: Come to my studio session with me.

I raised my eyebrow.

Me: Where?

August: My house.

Me: Alright, I'll be there

August: Great.

I hung up and got off the counter. I went upstairs to my room and threw my phone on the bed. I randomly started freestyling and pulled out a white crop top hoodie and a pair of black leggings. I did my daily routine and finally got dressed. I grabbed my MK hand bag and my phone off the bed. I told Damion I'll see him later and went downstairs. I grabbed my apple and keys then headed out.
********************************

"You made it" he said and smiled at me. He looked at me up and down then covered his face. I raised a brow and looked at my outfit. "What?" He shook his head and moved to the side to let me in. "Nothing ma" He said. He closed the door and began walking upstairs. I slowly followed looking around his house. I only been in the living room and wanted to see more. We reached to his long hallway and walked into his studio room. "Damn.." I mumbled. I seen all the equipment and smiled. "You like?" He asked as he shut the door. I nodded and glided my hands across the leather rolling chairs.