21

Days just go by and me and Aubrey just gets better and better. We ended up going to Jamaica, I met some of his family and I really thinks he on a serious note now. Life has been so great, I quit working at the club. Finally! But today, I'm upset that Aubrey is inviting August and a couple of friends over to his little house because I recorded my song and he wanted them to hear and I know August is gonna bring Courtney. I just got done fixing the food, so I went upstairs to go get dressed. It was towards the end of May and it was a little humid outside. I threw on a black crop top and some distressed high waist shorts. My hair was in a messy bun, and I put on some studs and my chocker. As I was putting on my sandals. I looked out the window and seen a lot of cars pull up. I watched as I swabbed on some deodorant and sprayed on some perfume. I went downstairs and Aubrey was chilling on the couch.

"Your guest is here sweetheart. Need me to get the door?" I said in a British accent.

He laughed and played along "why yes my dear, that would be so lovely" He tried it and it was cute.

I went to the front door, unlocked it and I laughed on how everyone got out their vehicles so fast. I greeted everyone but August and Courtney and I let them in. Everyone was seated and I shut the door behind me then walked to the living room and sat on the arm of the couch Aubrey was sitting on.

"I brought you guys hear to chill with us but my baby has been having this dream of becoming a rapper. She has a journal full of dope lyrics and She had this one song that I really enjoyed and we both need your opinions okay?"

They all smiled and looked at Me while clapping. I pressed play on the stereo player and watched how everyone bobbed their head to the song. The song was telling about my life and my family. I hope to have this song on the radio or something because I feel like others can relate to it. When it was over they all clapped and got hyped.

"Damn girl you can rhyme and blow " ASAP Rocky complimented me.

I smiled and received more compliments but August and Courtney were the only ones to not say anything. Aubrey looked at them and smiled.

"What y'all think?"

I really wasn't worried about their opinions, August said something good but it was just Courtney.

"It was Ight..." She said and mumbled something else under her breath.

"I'm sorry what was that?" I asked and raised my brow.

She had her arms folded and raised her brow as well "I said, you should have said something about how you was stripping for money too"

"Courtney stop.." August said.

"I'm just saying" she said and threw up her hands "She mentioned everything else but that"

She was really taking me to my breaking point but I was really trying to keep my cool once again with her.

Aubrey just shook his head and told everyone to go fix a plate. Everyone got up but Courtney and I was still sitting in the living room.

"You ain't gone eat?" I asked her.

"Who cooked?" She asked.

"I did"

"I'll pass"

I laughed at her ignorance and shook my head "this bitch" I said under my breath , hoping she'll hear.

Eventually, August made her get up and got something to eat and we all went outside. We were having a good time and enjoying the music being played. This is what I've always dreamed of, grown ups getting together and having a good time. We were all dancing and stuff, it turned out great.