25

Me and August ended up getting married our damn selves. The wedding was in New Orleans and it was a NOLA theme. I invited my old friends back at The Admiral Theatre and seeing them made me cry. August actually has changed and I'm actually happy. The vibe that we have is totally different from how it was back then. He moved my things in his house back in New Orleans, so basically, I stay with him. Even though he's barley there himself since he had won a BET Award and all that. But he's on a little break and we're just chilling in the house.

"Damn guh you ate all my grapes!" He yelled at me from the kitchen.

I smiled as I was sitting on the couch and quickly put the last grape in my mouth.

"Whaaat? What are you talking about babe?" I yelled back to him while smiling and trying to chew.

I was laughing so hard I didn't even see him standing next to me and watched how I chewed the grape. He just shook his head and sat next to me.

"I'm gone beat you" He said and got on his phone then kicked his feet up on the table. I got up to grab my phone off the counter then went in the kitchen to find something to eat, I was starving. August was on Instagram and making singing videos, his voice gave me chills and I began cooking me a hamburger and fries.

"I hope you're making me one" August sung.

I just laughed and shook my head.

"And I hope I'm not" I said quietly through my teeth.

While I put the fries in the oven, I heard the door knock. I kind of raised my brow while putting my meat on the grill.

"You expecting company babe?" I asked.

I waited for his answer but he didn't say anything. I just shrugged and went to the fridge to grab the Mayo, lettuce, cheese and jalapeños.

"I was expecting to see you..." I heard a familiar voice say. I didn't even bother to turn around since my back was already facing whoever it was. I slowly turned around and seen my dad standing there. I felt like I was about to get angry, I just stared at him while I placed the things on the counter.

"What you doing here?" I asked with an attitude.

August came from around the corner and looked at me.

"Baby just talk to him, I invited him. Stop acting all stuck up and just forgive the man." He said and leaned on the counter then folded his arms. "And I'm not leaving till you do.." He added.

I looked at August then back at my dad, he was standing there looking helpless and I did feel bad.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I asked him then folded my arms.

He cleared his throat "I'm so sorry for killing your mama sweetheart, like I said before, if I could bring her back I would. Now I don't need you being mad at me forever because baby, you all I got. I'm sorry, just forgive me please" He plead.

My eyes began getting watery and I stood there as my tears fell. I wanted to forgive him so bad, but I didn't know if I wanted to. I know he took my mama's life and I knew he didn't mean to. My dad needed help back then. He had a drinking problem, plus Bi-polar. I slowly walked over to him then he quickly pulled me in for a hug. I held
Onto him and cried on his shoulders. August smiled and left out of the kitchen.

"I'm sorry daddy.." I cried

"No baby, I'm sorry" he said and kissed my forehead. As I hugged him, I felt a sharp ass pain in my stomach. I pulled away and looked at the knife in my stomach and I looked up at him while he smiled.

"It takes you this fucking long to forgive me, fuck you and your life. You cry about your mama and your damn brother all the time, you'll finally see them again.." He whispered.

I stared at him and tried to push him away.

"August!" I yelled then he grabbed me and pulled me in front of him. I seen August walk in and his face changed quickly.

"What the fuck man!?" He yelled and tried to run over to me.

"Come closer and I'll shoot her ass!" My dad yelled.

He quickly pulled the knife out my stomach and pushed me to the floor. I screamed and cried while holding my stomach. I knew I couldn't trust his ass in the first place. My vision became blurry and the last thing I seen was August beating him, guess I'll finally see my mama and brother again after all................