|| capture the flag pt. 2 ||

Ashton's POV

I was assigned a defensive position at the creek. Apparently Poseidon's kids always got to hang in our domain.

Percy and I stood on the bank, waiting for an attack.

And an attack is what we received.

A battle call came from the edge of the woods in front of us, and the Stoll brothers came running out, weapons at the ready. 

"I'll cover Travis, you've got Connor. Careful, they always have some tricks up their sleeves." Percy warned.

"Okay." I replied, as he doused Travis with water, and they started running up the creek. 

Meanwhile, I had a problem. Connor wasn't attacking, he was just standing there like a dufus.

"What's wrong with you, Stoll?" I shouted. "Scared?!"

"Nah." He grinned, and charged.

Our swords met in a thrilling clang, and I decided to douse him when he least expected it. I unarmed him, and got right in his face. "Still think you're gonna win, Stoll?" 

He grinned, "Oh yeah, I am," and with that, he leaned down and kissed me. I stood there frozen for about 2.5 seconds before I realized what he was doing. And just to knock him off his rocker, I kissed back.

I stood there, kissing him, totally knocking him into a different state of mind, and then I doused him with ice cold creek water. 

He flew back. 

"That's what you get for messing with Poseidon's kid." I smirked, and then knocked him out with the hilt of my sword. 

Connor's POV

I woke up later in the infirmary with a pounding headache.

I looked around to see Ashton sitting beside my bed, and then all of the sudden memories started to flood back.

I had been playing a game of Capture the Flag. Travis and I had rushed forward to take on Percy and Ashton, Travis took Percy, and I fought Ash.

Travis and Percy had run upstream fighting, while Ash managed to unarm me, and that's when I did something even I couldn't believe I'd done. I'd kissed Ashton, and she had kissed back.

Of course, she used it only as a way to douse me with cold water, confuse me and then knock me out. 

"What are you doing here, Fish Face?" I asked. 

"Making sure you're okay, Stoll. I knocked you pretty hard on that thick skull of yours." She smirked.

"Whatever. I betcha we still won." I grinned.

"Nope. We beat you before you even got close to our flag." She laughed. "I told you the best team would win." 

"Hey Ash, about- about earlier." I said, and she winced. 

"I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up." She answered honestly.

"Was that for real, or was it just to distract me?" I asked.

"Quite honestly, I'm not sure." 

"Okay, well while you're out figuring that out, agreed not to tell big brothers? Mostly, 'cause I'm scared of yours, and my older brother will insist on getting involved. Which I'm sure you don't want." 

She smiled. "Fine. But no promises on anything else." 

And with that she left. 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I did it! They kissed. MOST AWKARD THING I HAVE EVER WRITTEN. 

lol. What did you think? Would you mind telling me in the comments??

question: if you could go anywhere right now, where would it be?

ttyl,

chb0952

Edited: 10/10/16