|| rescues, and underwater talks ||

Ashton

I looked up at Connor, with his dreamy eyes, and curly brown hair, he was so perfect. Agh! What was I thinking? This was so out of character.

But as hard as I tried, I couldn't deny it. I was starting to fall for Connor.

"Hey, Con?" I whispered. My head was in his lap.

He looked down at me. "Yeah, Ash?"

"I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too." He grinned. There, we had said it. Neither of us had really admitted it out loud before, it was a special moment. Until the monster interrupted. Typical life of a demigod.

I jumped up, and opened my sword. Slashing around, trying to reach the monster, I knew that if I just connected the monster would be reduced to dust. I blocked the monster's claw aiming at my face - and attempted to miss the green liquid on his talons, figuring it was probably poison.

"Connor!" I screamed as the monster took another swing.

He spun around so he was in front of me, slashing with his celestial bronze sword at the monster.

As Connor distracted the monster, I spun around him, ducked under a flailing arm, and stabbed the monster in the foot.

I slid into the seat beside me, sliding over and making room for Connor.

"Did that really just happen?!" I said, shaking.

"Yeah, I think so."

-----------------------

Connor

I glanced over at her, her body was shaking. Trying to calm her down, I slid my arm around her shoulders. She set her head on my shoulder and let out a deep breath.

"You okay?" I asked, worried.

"I think so." She was still shaking. "How 'bout you?"

"Fine." I turned my head, and kissed her forehead.

We sat there holding each other, trying not to scare ourselves crazy, until we reached Little Rock.

****

When we reached the bus stop, I helped Ashton gather our stuff, and we hopped off the bus, taking in the scenery around us.

There was a small general store to our left, and a coffee shop to our right.

"Need anything to eat?" I looked over at Ash. Thankfully she seemed to have calmed down some since the fight on the bus.

"Not really hungry. The monster took my appetite with it to it's grave." Her voice sounded anxious, but I wasn't going to pester her anymore. I didn't want to keep her talking about something she didn't want to talk about.

"Okay, so where do you think we should start?" I looked around at the small Colorado town. Yeah, there wasn't much here too see.

All the sudden there was a flash of blonde hair, that looked a lot like Jason - Piper's boyfriend.

"No way!" I grabbed Ashton's hand and took off running, following the blonde. As we ran, I couldn't help but realize how well Ashton kept up with me, seeming as I had such long legs, and was training almost everyday, I was surprised that someone so new to this whole demigod thing was so in shape.

Despite all my thoughts, I managed to keep an eye on the Blonde teenager, until he ducked into an alley, and we followed.

"Nice holding hands." An amused sounding voice said from the end of the alley.

"Jason Grace?" I looked closer at the boy's face. Yup, definitely Jason.

"The one-and-only." He smiled. "How'd you guys find me so fast?"

"It's called running. We saw your hair." Ashton spoke up. Ah, so she saw it too.

I smiled. Leave it to Ash to have a sarcastic comeback. "Anyways, where's Piper? She okay?"

"Yeah, she's fine. Apparently this was all some plot of her mother's or something." He laughed. "I personally think maybe her mom jumped a little too quickly...."

"What do you mean?" Ash looked puzzled.

"Nothing." Jason's calm and collected mannerisms were back.

"Anyways, where's Pipes?" Ashton questioned.

"In the woods." Jason pointed behind him, to where the alley faded out into a grove of trees. "That way."

"We'll follow you." I agreed.

"Okay."

*******END FLASHBACK*********

Ashton

It had been just two weeks since we had come to Piper's rescue, and found out it was all just a ploy from Aphrodite to get Connor and I together. I was pretty mad that the goddess of love was sticking her nose in my love-life, but I wasn't gonna mess with her because I didn't want her getting more involved.

Since the bus ride, Connor and I had been dating, and loving every second of it. We still hadn't told our big brothers yet though for fear that they would do something drastic. Yeah, let's not tell big brothers for a long, long while.

I ran over to the lake and hopped in, hoping to see Percy. I turned my head around, looking for him in the depths of the lake. I spun around to find my big brother's sea green eyes looking into mine.

I created an air bubble around us so it would be easier to talk.

"Hey, big bro." I smiled.

"Hey, little sis." We laughed.

"Still not used to that." I said as I hugged him.

"I missed you." He said as he pulled me closer.

"I missed you too." We sat there for awhile, Percy just protecting me and holding me, until two feet popped into the water above us.

"I'm gonna go see who that is." I smiled. "And Percy, thanks." I wanted to say so much more, but I wasn't sure how. Percy was the best big brother anyone could ask for. I looked into eyes, and it was like he got it. He knew.

I swam up to the top of the lake, and found Connor sitting on the dock, with his feet in the water.

"Why hello there, Stoll." I grinned.

"Hey, Kelp-for-Brains."

"Hey, no calling me that. That's specifically reserved for my big brother."

Connor leaned down and kissed me. That was his first mistake. I put my arms around his neck, pretending to get really into the kiss before I pulled him into the lake with me.

He screamed.

"Ha! Got you!" I laughed. "That's what you get for messing with me!"

He laughed as we splashed each other.

Little did we know that Percy was spying on us the whole time, figuring out with his seaweed brain that we were a bit more than friends.

____________________________

eeeeek! so longest chapter I've ever written! it's 1060 words! *jaw drops*.

okay, so the girl in the picture is ryan newman. i picture her as ashton, but with shorter/choppier hair ;) her eyes are perfectttt.. omyword. and she and finn harries make an adorable couple, 'specially as connor and ashton. OKAY so enough shipping celebrities...

I hope you enjoyed it!

Comment!

Vote!

Keeeeeep Reading!

*M.

Edited 1/21/17