Chapter 33 (Last chapter guys!)

Connor

I looked down at Ashton, the love of my life, who was smiling and soaking in the sunshine.

It had been 2 months since the attack, and she was finally coming out of the infirmary.

I wrapped my arm around her tiny shoulders, and gave her a light squeeze.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I whispered in her ear.

"Me too." She looked up at me, and kissed my cheek.

"Ashton Jackson, if you ever scare me like that again-" I was cut off by her lips on my mouth. A passionate kiss that conveyed all our feelings. Our love for each other, the struggle we had been through the past 2 months, the care, and the compassion we both held for the other.

As we pulled away we both smiled.

"Don't worry Stoll, I'll try not to scare you like that again."

"Deal." She grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards the lake.

"C'mon! I wanna go swimming!!" She laughed, and pulled my hand harder.

"Coming!" I picked up the pace, and we ran towards the lake, laughing and smiling all the way there.

We sat on the beach for awhile talking, sneaking a few kisses, and just enjoying each other's company out side of the infirmary.

I wrapped my arm around Ashton, and she set her head on my chest. I kissed her choppy raven hair.
It was a sweet moment until she started tickling me.

"Ash!" I shouted inbetween laughs. "Ash!.... Stop!" I eventually broke from her ticklish grasp, and chased her into the lake.

"Don't!" She screamed as I picked her up, throwing her into the lake.

"Gotcha!" I laughed, until something pulled my feet until I fell under. "Ashton Jackson!!" I screamed as I went under, quickly gasping for breath, but then realizing Ash had created an air bubble so we could breathe under water.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically.

"Anytime Stoll." I pulled her onto my lap, and we... floated... there for awhile talking,

"Wanna play 20 questions?" Ashton grinned.

"Fine, but I get to go first." I smiled, thinking of a question. "When was the first time you ever like me?"

"Not fair! Ugh... Um, probably when we played Capture the Flag for the first time. When I kissed you." She smiled. "I originally was just gonna use it as a distraction, but look where we are now...."

I laughed. "Well your distraction worked."

"Okay, my turn. When was the first time you like me?"

"The first time I saw you. You were just so... beautiful."

"Wow, sure like me for my beauty." She laughed.

"You know that's not why I love you Ashton." We smiled. "My turn. Can we go up now? I'm hungry."

She laughed, and whacked my arm. "Sure Stoll, just as long as I can sit with you at lunch."

"No-can-do. Chiron would kill us."

"Then let's go fight Chiron." She giggled.

"Who are we kidding. Yeah you can sit with me." We laughed, and swam to the top of the lake.

I quickly slipped out of the water, and started racing towards the dining pavilion, Ashton right on my heels.

"Beat you!" I laughed as we arrived at the pavilion.

"Hey! I just got out of the infirmary, and you barely beat me. I could beat you pretty much any other day, Buster."

"Yeah, yeah. Excuses, excuses." I grinned cheekily. She punched my arm.

We reached the buffet line, grabbed some food, sacrificed appropriately, and sat down at the Hermes' table.

"So Jackson, what do you say to a walk tonight?" I smiled.

"Sure Stoll. What time?" She questioned.

"7pm. I'll meet you at the lake."

"Okey-dokey. I'll see you then." She said, glancing towards Chiron coming towards us. "I should get to my table before Chiron forces me to do dish duty or something."

I laughed. "Yeah, whatever." She leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Love you, Stoll."

And with that she was gone.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

It was 10 til' 7, and I was sitting at the lake, waiting for Ashton.

I fingered the ring in my pocket, wondering if this was truly the time to do it. She would be 18 in a few days, and I was already 19. No one said we had to get married right away, we could always wait until we were 20....

All the sudden there was a thin pair of arms that wrapped around my neck making me jump.

"Ashton!" I laughed. "You scared me."

"Whatever Stoll." She grinned.

I grabbed her hand. "Ready for that walk?"

"'Course."

I pushed myself up, and grabbed her hand, walking her towards the beach, where I had set up a picnic and a bonfire.

"I hope you haven't had dinner yet." I smiled.

"Who are we kidding Con' I ate 3 hours ago." She laughed. "But trust me, I'm already hungry." (a/n: seriously my eating habits)

"Good, 'cause I made sandwiches." I smiled, and sat her down on the blanket at the beach, looking out at the ocean.

"It's beautiful Con'." She smiled. Good.

"I'm glad you like it." I smiled, and wrapped my arm around her, using my other hand to get the food out of the basket.

"So will it be Ham & Cheese, or PB&J?" I smiled.

"PB&J." She grinned. "Definitely PB&J." I handed her the PB&J, and grabbed the Ham & Cheese out for me.

I handed her a soda, and put the bag of chips inbetween us.

"So, Ashton... Um, I have something to ask you." I stammered.

"So ask." She smiled.

I fished around in my pocket for the ring.

"Ashton Jackson, you are the love of my life. Since the day I first met you, until now, and forever, I will always love you." I grinned nervously. "So I guess what I'm trying to say is... Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"
I pulled out the small silver braided ring with a turquoise stone, and held it up to her. (pictured above)

"Yes!" She smiled from ear-to-ear. "Yes! Yes, Yes!"

She put out her left hand and I slipped the ring on her finger, and leaned over and kissed her. And that's when the Ares' cabin ran over, and grabbed us, running us into the ocean.

Let's just say it was the best underwater kiss of all time.

________________

a/n: okay, so that's it guys.... i might write an epilogue in a few days, but I'm seriously so excited with how this turned out!

Thank you all SOOOOO much for your support! I love reading your comments, and I love all the crazy fandomness that happens when you guys read this... It makes me so happy :)

So this is to my awesome readers. YOU GO GUYS. <3

xoxo,

m.