Chapter 31

Connor

I ran as fast as I could to the infirmary.

I had just received word that Ashton was there, and she wasn't doing well. She was dying.

I could feel the tears on my eyes, but I just kept running. I had to reach her.

I ran up the stairs to the infirmary, running through the white halls across the wood floors, looking in all the open doors until I ran into a big open room full of cots.

There were several cots filled with patients. I searched frantically for Ashton, eyes skimming across the faces of Lacey, a Demeter kid, Miranda, a Demeter kid, and No! Katie Gardner. Katie is my brother's girlfriend - she's basically a sister to me. She's also a Demeter kid. Why do I sense a pattern? 

I kept scanning around until my eyes landed on Percy, sitting beside a pale girl with sunken skin. That couldn't be her.

I rushed over to the cot.

"Percy! What happened?!" I questioned frantically. 

"There, there was an attack on the strawberry fields, Ashton was walking by when it happened, helped fight off the monsters, but it didn't do her much good." Percy looked up at me, revealing tears in his eyes. This guy really loved his little sister.

"Why... Why is she like that?" I was close to tears again.

"The monster - it it cut her with a poisoned blade, there's not much we can do other then feed her Ambrosia and Nectar and hope that works." With that a tear slipped down Percy's cheek, and it wasn't long before I started crying too. I loved this girl so much.

I slid over to the other side of the bed, and held Ashton's hand. If I had just been there to protect her.

I started crying violently. Here the girl I love was laying in the hospital, dying and earlier all I could think about was why she missed our date. I was so mad at myself for not protecting her.

"I wish... I could have... done something." I stammered, inbetween the tears.

"Trust me, I do too." Percy sighed. "I feel so stupid for not being there to protect her."

I couldn't even respond. I was too overwhelmed with sorrow. And that's when it happened.

________

a/n: okay, okay so i'm evil. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA *strokes cat while evilly cackling* "So, we meet again." okay, so ya.... i'm prob not gonna update for a couple days, but i know my computer's gonna be exploding with mad readers... SORRY, But no, I'm really not sorry. 

I would also like to thank y'all for 155+ comments! 733+ views, and 114 votes!!! You guys are da bomb. :)

Luv you, and yes I know, after that chapter you hate me.... haha :p

xoxo,

m.