|| i thought my crush was a monster ||

A/N: Hey guys, quick note before I begin the chapter ;) The picture above is of Victoria Justice - who I picture (at least at the moment...) to be Piper Mclean.... This chapter is not a filler chapter!! Hip! Hip! Hooray! Anyways, Enjoy!

******************************

Piper's POV

*FLASHBACK*

I was looking up at Aphrodite, with a questioning look in my eyes. 

"Why do I need to pretend to be kidnapped?" I asked. 

"Because my sweet. I have a new ship!" My mother squealed. 

"Like boat ship, or couple ship?" I knew the last thing I wanted was to get in the way of my mother's match making again. But somehow, I knew I would be caught in the middle of it. 

"Couple of course! Their names are Ashton Jackson, and Connor Stoll. An adorable couple really." She smiled giddily. "I'm thinking of Ashnor as a ship name..." 

"Mom! Please don't make me set them up!" I groaned.

"You're going to do what I ask." She half smiled. "Now, on your way to Camp Jupiter with Jason, make a pit stop in Little Rock, Colorado. Stay in the woods there for a few days. But if you must, you can check into a hotel under aliases. I will go to Chiron and explain the situation, and ask specifically for him to send Ashton, and Connor on this quest alone. That way they will have some time alone together. You and Jason will camp out until they find you, and then you will pretend you're in dire need of help." Her eyes gleamed. "Simple really." 

"Oh my goodness, Mother. That's an awfully detailed plan you have there."  I said sarcastically. 

"Yes, and you must fulfill it word for word. Goodbye, dearest." And with that my mother was gone. 

*END FLASHBACK* 

"So how do you think we're going to set up this whole Cyclopes trying to eat us thing?" I questioned Jason. 

"I really have no idea, Pipes. I'll tell you if I think of something." He kissed my forehead. "We'll figure it out." 

I rested my head on his chest as he pulled me into a hug, worried that my mother would think of me as a let down if I couldn't pull this off. Why, oh why did my mother always have to use me?

Jason and I sat down on a log near by, and continued thinking. Suddenly Jason's face brightened. 

"I may have an idea!" His eyes shone with some excitement. "Do you think we could get Hazel to alter the mist, so it looks like Cyclopes are attacking?" 

"Great idea." I said. "But how are we going to get Hazel out here?" 

"Easy, let's Iris Message her." 

We grabbed a Golden Drachma, and let our friend in on our plan. 

----------------

Ashton's POV

I woke up with a start. Something warm was breathing down my neck. I jerked my head to the side, and Connor's head came crashing down on my lap. 

"What was that for?" He said sleepily, as he sat up. 

"Sorry. Your head fell onto the back of the seat, and you were breathing down my neck." I lowered my voice. "I thought maybe you were a monster."

He laughed quietly. "Wow thanks, now you think I'm a monster." 

I laughed. "Yeah well, we should be there soon. Got all your stuff together?"

He shuffled around in his bag for a moment. "Yup. It's all here. You got everything?" 

I checked my bag, and the seat around me. "Yeah." I was feeling pretty refreshed from my nap, but I was nervous. I set my head down on Connor's shoulder, hoping this lousy bus ride would be over soon. 

If there was one thing I couldn't do, it apparently was stay awake.

___________________________

So.... Really long chapter! (At least by my standards ;)) The actual chapter is about 600 words long! AND OMYWORD! 320 VIEWS! 46 VOTES! AND 69 COMMENTS!!! I'm so happy! Thanks so much for stickin' with me and my story.... This process is so much fun! The next chapter will hopefully be up in the next few days or so, but I have a lot going on - so no promises :( OH, AND QUICK AFTER THOUGHT: Did you see the fake quest thing coming?! I thought not. :D lol. 

Keep Commenting!

Keep Voting!

Keep Reading!! 

ttyl,

chb0952

Edited: 6-1-17