Chapter 28

Ashton
I grabbed Percy's arm, dragging him to the lake.

"C'mon Percy! We're gonna be late!" I whined.

"Hold up Seahorse!" He laughed. "What's so important at the lake anyways?!"

"Oh nothing." I laughed, still dragging him, thankfully almost to the lake.

"Well if it's nothing then it's not a problem if we take our time."

I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness, something that we shared.
"Okay, fine then!" I laughed, looking up at the starry night sky. "Chiron gave us special permission to all go night swimming!"

His eyes lit up under the moon, and we decided to run the rest of the way to the lake. When we got there we immediately jumped in, swimming around 'til we found our friends.

"Stolls!" I shouted jumping on Connor's back, dunking him underwater. When he came up he grabbed at me for a little bit trying to dunk me, but being a Poseidon kid being dunked really didn't bother me, so his plain was spoiled.

"Wassup Trav?" I asked.

"Not much! Just glad you dunked Connor over there and not me." He laughed.

"You asked for it!" I shouted before paddling over and dunking him, giggling. When Travis came back up we all sat there laughing for a while, enjoying the water, and each other's company.

One of the Hephaestus kids brought glow sticks, and we all wrapped them around our wrists, necks, and heads.

I grabbed Connor's hands as we all counted down to midnight, hoping that maybe we could sneak a quick kiss.
"10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!" We screamed, and Connor bent down, kissing my cheek.

"Happy Thanksgiving Seahorse!" Percy grabbed me from behind, pulling me into a hug. "Love ya little sis."

I looked up at him and smiled, "Love you too - big brother."

"Thing I'm most thankful for this year..." He grinned. "Definitely my little Seaweed Brainette."

"Seaweed Brainette? Nah. I don't think so."

"Told you she wouldn't like it." Annabeth giggled from behind us.

"Happy Thanksgiving Annabeth!" I smiled, and hugged her. I would totally be okay if Percy married her.

"Happy Thanksgiving Ashton! You too Seaweed Brain!" She smiled, and whacked Percy's arms as he grabbed her from behind, tossing her into the water.

We high-fived, and laughed as we watched Annabeth's quick strokes to get back to us. We were in trouble.

We ducked under the water, diving down and laughing as we saw Annabeth glare down at us from the top of the lake.

________

Okay, so I didn't like how it originally was, so I rewrote the end... Sorry for those who just read and now have to re-read! Enjoy!

xoxo,

m.